PDA

View Full Version : Colonial outings

del
10-01-2016, 06:03 PM
I've only been out a couple of times in the last two months . The weather is really finally starting to cooperate and getting nice . The first set of pictures are from a small cellar site that i only had about an hour to detect it before it got dark. My keepers were a pretty small shoe buckle Chape & tongue a pewter button , a broken Harness "blinker" and a beat up copper with a "bite mark" :lol: I was very surprised to get a date from the coin , 1745. :grin:

Then last week Brian and I hit 5 cellar sites and boy were they very stingy , even a couple that were very remote had been pounded very hard . :girlcry: I managed a couple of keepers but the small shoe buckle frame made my day :happydance01: and saved me from a shameful long drive home :groovy: :lol:

aloldstuff
10-02-2016, 05:20 AM
Great to see you getting out. Very nice looking buckle frame and how lucky to get the date off of the copper. See what you mean about the "bite".

Will be sending you a PM

Beartoe
10-02-2016, 08:14 AM
Very nice Diggs. I would love to find my first anything from 1700's. I am getting closer , I can feel it in my bones.

OxShoeDrew
10-02-2016, 08:47 AM
Nice goin' Dan...hey, what's a harness blinker?

Lodge Scent
10-02-2016, 12:48 PM
Nice buckle Dan. You were fortunate getting a date off that copper. It seems that the date is usually the part that is missing! What is that pink and white plant ???

Digger_O'Dell
10-02-2016, 01:45 PM
Nice finds Dan! Pickings may have been slim, but you still eked out a few prime goodies. Well done!

del
10-02-2016, 05:45 PM
Great to see you getting out. Very nice looking buckle frame and how lucky to get the date off of the copper. See what you mean about the "bite".

Will be sending you a PM
Thanks Al , I've been doing some home remodeling (drywall and painting ) around the house to keep busy in between jobs here an there .

Very nice Diggs. I would love to find my first anything from 1700's. I am getting closer , I can feel it in my bones.

I think your gonna get one soon Beartoe , I can feel it too !

Nice goin' Dan...hey, what's a harness blinker?

Drew a harness "blinker" is what the Brits call them . they are brass leather adornments .

Nice buckle Dan. You were fortunate getting a date off that copper. It seems that the date is usually the part that is missing! What is that pink and white plant ???

Jeff I was completely to see a date , the pink and White plant is known as "Dolls eyes" pretty toxic and could put someone into cardiac arrest if ingested . They are kinda creepy to look at ! Thanks

Nice finds Dan! Pickings may have been slim, but you still eked out a few prime goodies. Well done!

Thanks Chris , sites are getting very tough from all the competition in this small state .;)

The Rebel
10-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Nice saves! Hardly been out this summer, too hot & little to nothing to show for it BUT fall is now upon us :-)

MangoAve
10-07-2016, 11:41 AM
Nice, Dan. I think I saw that bitten cent before. So you are getting into macro and landscape photography like me? Whatch out...:eyebrow: :thumbsup01:

BTV Digger
10-10-2016, 04:51 PM
Nice nabs Dan. As long as I get one nice item per hunt I'm satisfied, and looks like you have similar sentiments. It's all you can hope for at many of the previously hunted sites. HH!

John