PDA

View Full Version : Question for East coast detectorists.

Digger_O'Dell
10-03-2016, 12:04 PM
Hey guys,
I keep reading about all the cellar holes that kept getting hunted, often involving a multiple mile hike to reach the site. Not too often do I read about permissions. My question is how is this- Do you guys have that much public land available?

del
10-03-2016, 04:25 PM
Here in some parts of the northeast , there is loads of public lands . State , local town and open public spaces , wild life refuges and Audubon tracts of land . Most state what you can't do on the properties .

Digger_O'Dell
10-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Thats a lot different than my area where maybe dozens of people scramble to find a few square feet that may have been overlooked by the last hundred people to detect the same half acre lot, or search a 30 acre park for that single missed coin, or even line up at a road tear out to try to get their coil under a sidewalk slab as it's being removed.

MangoAve
10-04-2016, 01:28 PM
There are quite a bit of cellars and area to search out here. I will say that in upstate NY, the Googs shows a huge green area like state forest. Ridic huge. Idk if there are cellars in there. But yes, I've got a ton of them marked out, and that's just centralized to where I am located. I don't have much in the farther corners of the state, although I do have a few here and there. The place I have been to lately spans into three towns. That's a big forest.