PDA

View Full Version : The zoo, plus 2 ponds.

Digger_O'Dell
10-05-2016, 07:25 PM
Hi all,
Well, it's getting tough out there. Even the old zoo as big as it is has been giving up very little. Apparently my mention of the site has also drawn another since suddenly I have fresh plugs in the remote areas I've been working. :shocked01:
What I've been left with is digging the very iffy signals and the low tones I would typically pass on in hopes of something other than trash. The iffy signals are rarely other than falsing but the low signals gave up a couple more bullets, a monopoly car, and a very nice old pin with a bit of the gold plating left.

Yesterday I decided to hit a couple parks next county over that have small swim areas. Neither one had much other than some clad and a tap handle. The second pond held a whopping 3 cents and some fish hooks.

aloldstuff
10-05-2016, 07:51 PM
To me the coolest find would be the monopoly car, love it.
Sorry to hear about your competition.

Digger_O'Dell
10-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Yes, the monopoly car is pretty cool, thanks!

Competition is inevitable I guess. Just hope I got the better luck of getting my coil over the goodies first. I've been through the park so much I petty much know the old patterns of use, where the old structures were, and where stuff might be left. Still have a couple unexplored areas yet that are not accessible to just anyone any more that may hold a lot of stuff. :cheesysmile:

Hiluxyota
10-11-2016, 08:40 PM
Don't feel bad. My dream stream been hijacked by a few of the chicago club members who figured out where I was. Even after adding clips of landmarks from a total different area to throw them off !!

Digger_O'Dell
10-11-2016, 10:04 PM
Love the attempts at deception, think I caught that with the street sign in one clip.

Bucknut
10-12-2016, 08:22 AM
Love the attempts at deception, think I caught that with the street sign in one clip.

So you tried to figure it out too? aha! ....yeah me too. I have found a couple spots from Youtube videos. I even found one of Tony 2 Cents parks from 2-3 years ago. Never went there bc it was a 6-7 hour drive. I don't think he was trying to hide it though. It is kinda fun to be Sherlock Holmes.

MangoAve
10-13-2016, 12:40 PM
Nice pin. Sometimes you just gotta try and think a little different with spots, altho not always does that work out.
I've actually stumbled upon two of the places others have taken me. Both because of the 'ownership' just lead me to spots I have seen before, although one of them was much much larger and has other cellars in a different area.

milco
10-15-2016, 02:26 PM
Nice finds! Those old parks have stuff lurking, but you do have to work for it......and no, I'm not the competition, this time of year I am exclusively in the fields.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digger_O'Dell
10-15-2016, 04:50 PM
Wasn't referred get to you as the competition, we rarely cross paths. My guess would be a newbie lurker here judging by the plugs.