PDA

View Full Version : Count your clad before cashing in!

Digger_O'Dell
10-15-2016, 10:17 AM
Hey all,
Just an important heads up. Before going to the bank with any significant amount of clad, be sure to count it before going in. If possible, have the bank teller hand count it too before going through their coin sorter.
A few weeks ago I took in a jug of coins I put through a counter bank as I got it and counted well over $100. Well, the bank just dumps it in their counter and said I had less than $80. Somehow I got shorted about $30. I thought OK, maybe the cheap b a nk I had miscounted -a lot.
Today I went in with another smaller load of coins I hand counted at an even $22. I also dumped in a half bucket of pennies (not counted) in with it from my change jar at home. Got to the bank (different branch), and the machine counts it up for a total of just over $17. This time tried to shorter over $5. I was able to get paid the counted and verified $22 after arguing with the manager, but lost maybe a couple bucks in the uncounted pennies.
Makes one wonder how much money banks are stealing from unsuspecting people and businesses each year by just miscounted coins?

rsarge1
10-15-2016, 10:43 AM
yup same thing with coinstar only theres no one to argue with LOL so I opened an account with a bank that has a counter and will be watching it closely

leslie(nova scotia)
10-17-2016, 07:59 AM
Good advice. Scotia Bank here will not take any more of my rolled clad. Said I have to take it to the Bank of Canada. Tad poed by this!

ODA 226
10-19-2016, 05:39 PM
I ALWAYS COUNT MINE! :) The German Bundesbank has always counted 100% correct!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn-MV1_4DPM

rsarge1
10-19-2016, 09:17 PM
I just took mine in and First bank was dead on :clapping: