PDA

View Full Version : 3/4 's through the season

del
10-18-2016, 12:19 PM
Well I thought i would put a picture together of my shoe and knee buckle finds so far for the year . these are one of my favorite things to find (colonial knee and shoe buckles) and while i find broken pieces these are just the complete frames and or whole complete buckles just for this year.

from the 12 o'clock and going clock-wise is a small knee buckle , then a "bumpy" designed complete shoe ,followed by a small oval knee with very rusted tongue and chape , a "good sized" scalloped rectangular shoe missing its rusty inside parts ,at the 6 o'clock spot is a oval knee frame that has an "ivy floral" design , then the "open-work" fancy knee buckle i found this past Saturday ,after that at the 9 o'clock is the worlds ugliest complete shoe buckle crumpled up ( I still can't get over that its all there ):lol:, then is a small "open-work" frame with a leaf pattern stamped around the frame. The large monster in the middle is a very late 1700's this or "delicate" frame with "twisty" designs at the four sides.

I would encourage anyone to please post a favorite relic or coin collage here . I'd love to see them .

Digger_O'Dell
10-18-2016, 12:57 PM
That's a nice group photo! Like the idea of a YTD shot such as this. I would have to rummage through and see what I can put together. I have a few good finds this year, but nothing exceptional other than the silver napkin ring which is still out for restoration. That was supposed have been done more than a month ago.

MangoAve
10-18-2016, 01:36 PM
Here's the buckles. I think I shall be taking a pic of silver and then a pic of bells.
Did you pull another today, Dan, or was that pic on FB an older one?

aloldstuff
10-19-2016, 05:30 AM
Your buckles have always amazed me. Some of them are so cool looking and someday I will get myself a good one. I'll look thru my relics and see if I have something worthy of posting here.

Lodge Scent
10-19-2016, 04:10 PM
Check out this collection of buckles :cheesysmile:. Everyone of them sounded like an old copper.

calabash digger
10-19-2016, 06:59 PM
you guys are the buckle kings! long live the king ,thats some amazing finds.

BTV Digger
10-20-2016, 04:14 PM
Just love those buckles Dan! Never found a knee or shoe buckle myself...someday I guess! I have a pile of human and horsetack buckles about the size of Jeff's though! HH!

John

Digger_O'Dell
10-20-2016, 10:37 PM
Here's my photo of some of my silver items

Bullets, keys jewelry, locks, watches, and cars

Victorian items

The Rebel
10-22-2016, 12:50 PM
Those are great Dan!

Digger Don
10-24-2016, 09:19 AM
Great collection Dan, Thanks for sharing. One of Alec's prize finds this year was the buckle he found (with Bri's help) this spring while we were hunting with you guys.