PDA

View Full Version : Group hunt with the NY guys

coinnut
08-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Del and I spent the day with Catskillcomics and Hockeyguy on their stomping ground today. A couple of great guys :clapping: Thanks for the invite thumbsup01 We started out at an old park that needed a haircut, so we didn't stay too long, but I did manage to get the most worn out Barber Quarter I have ever found. No date, but an &quot:daydream: mintmark Today the ground was so dry that I am amazed the grass can still be alive lol Very hard digging and my coins will show that :ticked: The casualty rate on the silver is almost 50% :crying02: Next stop was another older area that has produced some silver for those guys. It produced some for me today too. Other than the Barber quarter, the other silvers were found there. I was surprised that the wheats held up real nice, and a couple of them were in the teens. A great day out and very happy to have a chance to hunt with two nice guys!! It was a fun day out. Thanks guys!! :clapping:

Spike
08-15-2010, 08:38 PM
I'd say you did have a day! :beerbuddy: - that SLQ :drool: :drool: -I want to find one really bad. :envious: Great hunt!!

del
08-15-2010, 08:55 PM
wow George, almost an Angel like day for you :grin: congrats on the silver . i was truely out of my element and the park was not friendly to the dfx with the emi , hotrocks, trash and mineralization :rolleyes: next time if we get a chance to hit it again i'll use the 6x10 coil and i'll have better results i'm sure. my 3 clad dimes , 1 lincoln and 1 wheat (1919) pennies will have to hold me over til next weekend lol lol. boy that New York area is bone dry the ground was like concrete in places :bangahead01: you guys need some rain in the worst way. :yes: but despite my dismal efforts i still had a very good time meeting Scott (finally) and his hospitality was top notch ,thanks again for letting us tag alongwith you guys. Aaron had a good day today and it was great meeting you as well.both gents were great hosts. thumbsup01

Dan

Epi-hunter
08-15-2010, 09:14 PM
What are you doing, posting on the coinshooting forum? lol I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me! lol

Wow!!! Incredible haul! Definitely a fantastic day, congratulations! :cheering: :cheering:

coinnut
08-15-2010, 09:16 PM
What are you doing, posting on the coinshooting forum? lol I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me! lol

Wow!!! Incredible haul! Definitely a fantastic day, congratulations! :cheering: :cheering:

Shhhhhh.... I was Coinshooting I'm going back into the woods now :embarrassed:... lol

angellionel
08-15-2010, 09:16 PM
Oh man! That is a sweet group of silver! :drool: You just had to let the E-Trac loose at that park, didn't you. lol That Walker would have had my heart thumping. :cheesysmile: Very nice! thumbsup01

xzlr8n
08-15-2010, 09:38 PM
Congrats on the silver!! :beerbuddy: I must be in the wrong part of NY for silver.

jkress
08-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Simply amazing. That was one heck of a day. I can't imagine pulling that many silver coins in a day.

Congrats on an awesome day.

Cheap Thrills
08-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Nice going George thumbsup01 that's a sweet day for sure . :clapping:

hockeyguy
08-15-2010, 11:53 PM
[quote=del;22136]
boy that New York area is bone dry the ground was like concrete in places

Yeah if your usually at cellar holes, this was a tough spot to hit with all the iron.

I agee with you. One of my digs was near the raod and I thought I was digging throu maccadam!

Nonetheless, it was a great day...not too hot and not too rainy! See you guys soon.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-16-2010, 12:07 AM
awesome day G! some very nice silver.I knew Dan was gonna be like a fish outta water at a park. i can't even envision him kneeling down next to a pile a goose crap digging a football helmet snap :confused: Dan you were born to be frolicking through oak & maple tree lined forests and lichen covered stone walls thumbsup01

z118
08-16-2010, 06:33 AM
Congrats on the silver!! :beerbuddy: I must be in the wrong part of NY for silver.

Ditto! lol Maybe we can get a NY members group hunt together for all us non silver finding folks!

Sweet digs George. A day like that would blow my mind. Congrats!

catskillcomics
08-16-2010, 07:54 AM
George, you did very well yesterday, Congrats on all the silver :cheering:
.. it was great meeting you and if you need or want to pick my brain on our other topic don't hesitate to call or email

Dan, it was great meeting up with you too! and thanks for the new program, I plan on using it as soon as the rain lifts..

randy
08-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Very nice mix of silver there, congrats thumbsup01

RobW
08-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Great finds!!! I just want to know where my invite was!!!:huh: I noticed Angel wasn't there....afraid he was going to find everything?....lol

coinnut
08-16-2010, 02:32 PM
I noticed Angel wasn't there....afraid he was going to find everything?....lol

Who do you think supplied the silver lol. Where town are you out of again? :confused: I have to get together with trout hunter soon, so maybe some of us could get together and hit some parks out his or your way. You don't want to hit the ones closest to Angel lol unless you like clad that is ;)

RobW
08-16-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm out in Westfield, MA, but always willing to travel for a change in scenery