PDA

View Full Version : 2nd and 3rd outings with V3i update!!

xzlr8n
08-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Friday night I headed down to the house I reported previously on with My Best 17 cents in a while. This was a hunt that used my MXT because my V3 was in for the update. I was kind of anxious to get down and test out the yard with my V3i and see what else I could dig up because of the good finds I had. I ran the V3i in the stock C&J program with the Rx gain and Disc sensitivity up'd to 10 and 85 respectively. Machine was running quiet and sounding off clearly on targets. First target was a wheat @ the 4-5 mark. Next target was a solid 19 VDI and knew I had a nickle, hoped and was rewarded with the back of Buffalo nickle (no date but my first for the year). Went along in areas I didn't hit to hard with the MXT and kept pulling wheat after wheat, no silver this time. I also went over areas I had found good targets with the MXT hoping for some more targets I missed but found the area cleaned out.

Saturday afternoon I headed over to my sister-in-laws apartment. Here I've found IH's and wheats in the past. I have had terrible times with overhead power lines making my Spectra false very badly, to the point where all I could do was turn off the machine and go home (V3 and DFX included). Today however the V3i Update was running very smoothly <:. Very surprised to pick up a 2 wheat spill and then two more separate wheats in areas I had hit with other machines at least 4-5 times before in the past. Last target for the day was a 65-72 VDI reading which hints that it is either a deep old wheat or IH usually. Nice to see the IH head dress looking back at me in my hand, a nice looking 1888. thumbsup01 All in all I was impressed with how the V3i handled this location, nothing to deep deep but still ran smoothly considering all the EMI falsing problems I have experienced here in the past, the brief falsing I did experience was corrected with re-ground balancing. To be honest this falsing only occured after my brother, who lives across the street, came over with my nephew and distracted (talked with) me for 15 minutes while the V3 lied on the the ground all the while getting out of ground balance.

The 1911 Barber dime is an eyeball find while digging a footer hole for an old porch I'm working on during my day job as a carpenter. My best coin find on the job in 9 years :confused:.

coinnut
08-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Nice catch with the Barber dime :clapping: No one sees coins better on the ground than people who metal detect lol Glad your V3i is working out for you. EMI can be a real issue that is hard to overcome. It's never the same type or intensity of EMI :ticked: Them coins are in nice shape too

Epi-hunter
08-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Great finds; those coins are in really nice condition. Love the barber :)

xzlr8n
08-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Great finds; those coins are in really nice condition. Love the barber :)
Thanks!! The microwaved peroxide really does well, I just scrub them a bit after they have cooled and sat in the bowl for at least 2-3 hours (sometimes over night).

angellionel
08-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Nice group of finds. That IH is primo!

Ill Digger
08-15-2010, 09:30 PM
A buddy of mine says his V3i seems to handle the EMI alot better after the i upgrade too thumbsup01
Outstanding finds with the MDer, but a barber dime with your eyeballs :shocked04: SWEET !! <:
Congrats :grin:

rsarge1
08-15-2010, 09:35 PM
vn wtg

jkress
08-15-2010, 09:38 PM
Wow!

Great finds. Love IH's and Barber.

Congrats

yazoo
08-16-2010, 06:01 AM
Nice stuff and great job.The V3i is a lot more stable. Yazoo