PDA

View Full Version : Let the fun begin...

jkress
08-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Hi folks,

With our busy weekend, I was given 1 hour to hunt with my new Explorer today. I knew just where I wanted to go... a yard that over the course of a year has given up over 40 silver coins to my Ace 250. But the last 4 times out I wasn't able to get anything other than nails. I felt I had pulled all of the coins out of the yard that the Ace 250 could see.

For the first half hour I went over an area that was almost completely clean of trash... because I had pulled out most of the nails with my Ace, hoping for a silver coin too deep for the 250 to see. But nothing showed up.

Then I decided to go under the old clothes lines. This is an area infested with square nails and an unlimited supply of those metal springs off wooden clothespins. Occasionally I would try to hunt in there with the Ace and sniper coil, but never could get a good coin signal through all of the iron.

As I slowly scanned, I hit 3 beautiful, clear, isolated high tones in the first 6 feet. Each one was silver.

I am blown away by how this machine can operate so nicely in an area that sent my 250 running for cover.

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist/pictures/picture-2.jpg

Hopefully these are the first three of many, many silver treasures coming my way as I start to learn the Explorer SE. I am strictly using the factory coin mode right now until I get some sort of confident understanding of the beautiful tones this machine makes but I am looking forward to taking the training wheels off.

I took tomorrow off to get a real hunt in and I think I'm heading right back up to the old clothes line. :yes:

angellionel
08-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Sweet! I have a feeling that there will be more silver showing up. :yes:

Epi-hunter
08-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Really nice! Congratulations on pulling such beautiful silver in your first few hours with the SE. I too am sure there are many more to come!

Ill Digger
08-15-2010, 09:37 PM
lol Your takin' a detectin' day tomorrow:huh:thinkingabout: thumbsup01 lol
Sounds like your getting along real nice with the new SE!!
I told you you'd be alright and you'd have fun!
Thats one totally far out and groovie ring man!! :peace:
Congrats on all the silver :grin:

coinnut
08-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Great job on your maiden voyage lol Everytime we change technologies, targets surface. You did great on such a short hunt! I bet there is going to be a lot more good finds with that machine!! :beerbuddy: