PDA

View Full Version : Group hunt with Coinnut & Del

catskillcomics
08-16-2010, 07:48 AM
Well, as you all already know, Hockeyguy & myself met up with Del & Coinnut and it was great meeting these guys.. Good humored, knowledgeable folks who bring a lot to the hobby.
Despite my slim finds, and Coinnut stealing all my silver :beatdown: rofl and a little rain towards the end of the hunt >:\ , I had a great time.
Coinnut had a great Half Dollar signal :drool:, he called me over and I couldn't even hear it with the DFX :confused:, which really threw me for the entire day, second guessing all my signals.. :ticked: lol It just comes down to E-trac is certainly a silver magnet, and just an inch or two depth ability certainly makes a world of difference.. not to mention the person's ability to read their machine.. I've said it once, and I'll say it again.. I gotta get me one of those E-trac's!!!!
So, my slim finds for the day was a couple wheaties, 1942 Merc, a Nickel token, and a couple religious medallions..

Coinnut & Del, thanks for coming out, I now know you were out of your element, so next time, it'll be hunting in the woods.

coinnut
08-16-2010, 08:05 AM
Despite my slim finds, and Coinnut stealing all my silver :beatdown: rofl and a little rain towards the end of the hunt >:\ , I had a great time.

rofl I wasn't stealing it, just borrowing it for a couple hundred years ;)

Coinnut had a great Half Dollar signal :drool:, he called me over and I couldn't even hear it with the DFX :confused:, which really threw me for the entire day, second guessing all my signals.. :ticked:

That place is just not a good place, EMI and soil wise, for the DFX. I bet with Dan's program you will be able to hit deeper targets like that. It was great meeting you guys, and some cellar hole hunting is in our future when the heat cools down and bugs go away. :yes:

Epi-hunter
08-16-2010, 08:18 AM
Wow!! You guys all did great! I would love to have been able to join you. Congratulations! thumbsup01

del
08-16-2010, 08:26 AM
Despite my slim finds, and Coinnut stealing all my silver :beatdown: rofl

don't feel bad Scott , he steals my coppers too. :rolleyes: lol lol i think you did great considering the tough conditions , i would highly recommend a d2 or 6x10 coils at that place and you'll see a good improvement in depth, stability and finds out of your machine .

angellionel
08-16-2010, 08:36 AM
It's really great that you guys got together. thumbsup01 You all made some really good finds, and the park holds more I bet. :yes: It goes to show that there is silver out there waiting to be found. George knows his machine very well, being quite familiar with it's depth and target separation capabilities, so the silver won't be safe from him. lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Well, as you all already know, Hockeyguy & myself met up with Del & Coinnut and it was great meeting these guys.. Good humored, knowledgeable folks who bring a lot to the hobby.
Coinnut had a great Half Dollar signal :drool:, he called me over and I couldn't even hear it with the DFX :confused:, which really threw me for the entire day, second guessing all my signals.. :ticked: lol It just comes down to E-trac is certainly a silver magnet, and just an inch or two depth ability certainly makes a world of difference.. not to mention the person's ability to read their machine.. I've said it once, and I'll say it again.. I gotta get me one of those E-trac's!!!!
So, my slim finds for the day was a couple wheaties, 1942 Merc, a Nickel token, and a couple religious medallions..

Coinnut & Del, thanks for coming out, I now know you were out of your element, so next time, it'll be hunting in the woods.
very nice finds! is that a elongated penny? what's it say on it?
glad ya hooked up with them guys.always makes for a great day!

catskillcomics
08-16-2010, 09:46 AM
very nice finds! is that a elongated penny? what's it say on it?
glad ya hooked up with them guys.always makes for a great day!

Yep, its an elongated penny with the Lord's prayer on it..

catskillcomics
08-16-2010, 09:50 AM
That place is just not a good place, EMI and soil wise, for the DFX. I bet with Dan's program you will be able to hit deeper targets like that. It was great meeting you guys, and some cellar hole hunting is in our future when the heat cools down and bugs go away. :yes:

Yep, lots of chitter chatter there, and yes, Im ready to give Dan's program a run and see how it does at some cellar holes and a couple other places I've hammered and see what comes up..
I expect that you going to leave a will for your great great grand kids to get those coins back to me after a 100 or 200 years? lolI'll make sure to have a coin slot installed at my headstone rofl

catskillcomics
08-16-2010, 09:53 AM
don't feel bad Scott , he steals my coppers too. :rolleyes: lol lol i think you did great considering the tough conditions , i would highly recommend a d2 or 6x10 coils at that place and you'll see a good improvement in depth, stability and finds out of your machine .

I had a D2 last year, I just didn't like it, especially when it came to pinpointing.. but then again, maybe I just didn't give it enough time to get use to it..

catskillcomics
08-16-2010, 10:14 AM
It's really great that you guys got together.

Yes it was.. same as it was meeting up with you.. Just a thought, it would be cool sometime to get permission to hunt an area and invite all the members for a Meet & Greet hunt.. a big task to coordinate, but would be fun..

coinnut
08-16-2010, 01:54 PM
I expect that you going to leave a will for your great great grand kids to get those coins back to me after a 100 or 200 years? lolI'll make sure to have a coin slot installed at my headstone rofl

Nope, the deal is YOU can have them back in a couple hundred years. You have to pick them up personally lol They are already spent on gum and candy :cheesysmile: