PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd share these...

Beefcake
08-16-2010, 07:07 PM
A fellow detectorist who lives in Germany found these last week. Actually he found several of them along with some other really neat stuff. I had commented that I'd love to have something like that to show in class to my students. He promptly PM'd me and sent me these!!! The eagle is a Nazi hat pin and the small button is a Nazi party lapel pin. I'm totally stoked to have them! I'm going to send him an American Walking liberty half as thanks for the artifacts. Just thought I'd let you guys see them...I think they are a really interesting, especially since they still have the dirt on them from his dig. I'm surprised that the enamel is still on the lapel pin.

Ill Digger
08-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Ask and you shall receive ;)
Definatly cool artifacts thumbsup01
I bet he'll/she'll be tickled with the walker :yes:
Congrats :grin:

coinnut
08-16-2010, 07:18 PM
There is nothing like the reality of having an actual artifact to hold and feel, from days gone by. All the studying in the world can only fill you with facts, but touching them items bring you back to a very unsettled time in history. Some would say better to leave them buried, but I say dig up the past so that you can remember the consequences of war. Just like a bitemark riddled musket ball let's you see the pain that a soldier had during a Civil War battle, so do these artifacts tell their own story. That is what treasure hunting is all about.

CyberSage
08-16-2010, 07:25 PM
That's real history you got there beef. The nazis unfortunately left behind more than metal artifacts. Teach those kids well. If we don't learn from history, it will surely repeat itself. Peace to those who fell victim to this evil.

rsarge1
08-16-2010, 07:30 PM
wow very nice and they look like they held up well

wtg

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-16-2010, 09:38 PM
very cool beef! i bought one from german searcher on friendly a wounded nazi badge

Beefcake
08-16-2010, 09:54 PM
That's who sent me these... I like that nazi sports button too! It only took 4 days to get to here from Germany. Packaging left a lot to be desired...plain envelope that kinda tore open...good thing he put about 8 pieces of tape on them to hold them in place.

RobW
08-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Its always great to see what people find in other countries. The History of us as a whole is interesting. Sometime great and sometimes tragic. And what we find are those memories.

jkress
08-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Amazing. Thanks for posting.