PDA

View Full Version : Permissions from companies

Olivinetoothedcreeper
11-15-2016, 11:47 PM
Does anyone have advice or experience on how to approach real estate companies for permissions? The area near me is developing quicker than the neighbors would like and there are a few old properties I'd like to visit before they get sealed over. Since I'll probably be passed down a chain I was considering email. I just looked at an old map with a modern map underneath and found some very interesting differences between the two and I'm stopping in the history society tomorrow to pick some brains and maybe leave my number in case a need arises.

OxShoeDrew
11-16-2016, 06:22 AM
I'd guess you'd have a better chance if you showed up at their office. It's easy to dismiss emails. Good luck to you!

Bucknut
11-16-2016, 10:04 AM
If you do go to the Real Estate office bring that old map! I have found that showing the landowners a map makes it easier to gain permission.

Olivinetoothedcreeper
11-22-2016, 10:00 PM
The more I read about the area the more questions I have. I've been met with crickets so far with the people I've contacted. I'm not a very socially outgoing guy so it's either that or there's concern about what might be there. That's a guess though after a few days worth of reading. It got cold really fast anyway so digging wouldn't be very fun right now. I think though I may have figured out why there was so much slag in one area, the one road was named after copper for some reason.