PDA

View Full Version : Finding New Sites

Bell-Two
11-17-2016, 09:00 AM
Last week we went out to a couple of new spots and while we did not find tons of stuff we did make a couple of nice finds. We will hit these spots again. First spot Diane and I went to was a small cornfield and the stalks made swinging tough and I expect when they deteriorate swinging will come easier. Diane made the only coin find with a typical field V-Nickel which took some massaging to get a date off of, it is an 1889. I got a Bridle Rosette and a flat button.

The next hunt was Doug and I and we went to a site that was on the older map but most of the finds were “newer” Doug got two Indian Heads an 1899 and a N/D and a 1939 Wheat Cent. My only coin find was a very nice 1916 Buffalo Nickel. We both got nice Axe Heads, I got also a Ford Model T hub cap, a Schrader tire gauge, a nice Brass padlock with an 1896 patent date and a decorative finial.

Digger_O'Dell
11-17-2016, 09:59 AM
Nice finds especially out of a field. The fields in my area don't seem to produce even close to what you pull out in Ohio. Congrays!

aloldstuff
11-19-2016, 01:52 PM
that is one nice looking buff for a field find. Love the old locks especially with dates.

OxShoeDrew
11-19-2016, 02:24 PM
...I'm with Al, that's one sweet buff! Old too!