PDA

View Full Version : Couple hunts - -Copper - - Dandy - - Flat

aloldstuff
11-17-2016, 02:19 PM
Got in a couple of hunts this week. The first one was at a new field and managed a 1914 wheat, D buckle, round ball and a possible watch winder.

The second hunt was at a farm that I have been waiting for the corn to be cut. I decided to walk around the perimeter of the field and I got a toasted copper. I can see nothing on it, how about you???

Decided to go and hit the front yard again. I was after some wheat's as I need about 80 for 1000.
Well no wheat's but two nice buttons. One a real dandy with fancy and flattened shank. The other a flat with broken shank.

Well 2 more coins for the signature and thanks for reading. HH everyone.

Lodge Scent
11-17-2016, 04:48 PM
Possible NJ copper Al ? I am reaching but that straight line could indicate the plow or the ground line. That's my W.A.G. anyway.

Digger_O'Dell
11-17-2016, 06:28 PM
Nice finds AL! Sorry that copper is so toasty, hope you can get the ID. .

BTV Digger
11-20-2016, 08:26 PM
Very nice dandy button Al! Coppers that toasted deserve a rub with some brillo to get a bit more detail!

John

MangoAve
11-21-2016, 10:33 AM
Grats on the dandy and the copper. I heard a few have tumbled their toasted coins and some detail magically appears. Idk.. maybe you could give it a try. Won't hurt the value, despite this "never clean your coins". Some coins it's just inevitable that the detail gets lost. Even if you just let it dry.

OxShoeDrew
11-22-2016, 06:27 AM
I heard a few have tumbled their toasted coins and some detail magically appears.
I have a wine glass full of wiped coppers, I'm going to try this.