PDA

View Full Version : Not the pill, patch or shot....

jkress
08-17-2010, 01:46 PM
but I suppose just as effective... if used properly :grin:

I found some nice stuff going back over the ground in one of my favorite spots. I'm sure liking my new Minelab. :smitten:

Lots of wheat pennies and a few more silvers from very trashy areas. The token had me fooled, for a second, at the bottom of a 6 inch hole... thought I found a half dollar. Not more than 10 minutes later I dug the WLH (my first WLH :cheering: ) from a tangled mess of roots. As you can see, I dinged it. crying01

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist/pictures/picture-3.jpg

Oddly enough the WLH never gave me a nice clean silver signal. It registered mostly around 02-03/24-26. There was iron in close proximity.

It is a little challenging pinpointing with the SE Pro when there are other targets very close by. How accurate are the FE/CO numbers while in pinpoint mode? How dependable is that reading?

I'm trying to get a handle on this machine but I am enjoying it so far.

Small world... I met 'Dave in Iowa' yesterday. A nice surprise when treasure hunting paths cross. Thanks for the tips on the Explorer!!!

angellionel
08-17-2010, 05:39 PM
I love that Walker. :smitten: Nice hunt and good finds for sure. thumbsup01 The ding isn't noticeable. At one time or another we all tend to make contact with a coin while digging. I know I have had my share. :crying02: It hurts, but it soon passes. :yes:

Epi-hunter
08-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Beautiful walker!!! And I love that token lol

randy
08-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Nice hunt. thumbsup01 I'm surprised the minelab didn't give you a silver signal on that WLH. Was it a huge piece of iron in the area? Maybe I have to start digging those signals as well.

coinnut
08-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Great Walker :clapping: I just found a 1918 the other day, but yours is nicer than mine :yes: I have been teased by them large aluminum tokens a couple of times lol At least you found the real thing later in the hunt. Nice group of targets picked from the iron! thumbsup01

hockeyguy
08-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Nice work Joe!Keep it up. Pinpoint is pretty accurate, although I find the depth is more accurate in regular mode. Things will bounce in either mode so you have to use ur instincs to a degree. :peace:

leslie(nova scotia)
08-17-2010, 10:33 PM
From the land of the Bluenose...gutz to luv dat silver. Gud day me bouy! :clapping:

milco
08-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Awesome silver man! Way to go!

RobW
08-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Nice finds! I still haven't found my Walker.....yet.