PDA

View Full Version : One worn out Liberty

catskillcomics
08-17-2010, 08:16 PM
Went out a couple hours with Hockeyguy.. started out at a school we haven't hit for about a year or so.. I was getting into a good grove and pulled a few wheaties, 1921 Canadian cent and a nice copper ornamental piece...

Then Hockeyguy wanted to go over to another place that he has found several Coppers and silver.. after 5 minutes I pulled up a worn out Merc.. have no idea of date, as its that worn out.. and a few more wheaties

This Merc is a perfect coin to use to make a love token.. too bad I don't know how to engrave silver.. something I've always wanted to try..

angellionel
08-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Wow! That merc has been through a lot of hands apparently. It's still a very good find though. :yes:

pulltabsteve
08-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Nice digs! Always nice to hunt with a buddy. :peace: I found this Barber last year. Not really sure what it is. Some told me a patriots pin, some said a love token made into a pin... Maybe you an do something like this to your Merc? I'd love to try to do something like this someday.

randy
08-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Too bad about that merc, but silver is silver. WTG.

catskillcomics
08-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Nice digs! Always nice to hunt with a buddy. :peace: I found this Barber last year. Not really sure what it is. Some told me a patriots pin, some said a love token made into a pin... Maybe you an do something like this to your Merc? I'd love to try to do something like this someday.

That is a neat and Unique find.. I've yet to find a love token.. a friend of mine did 2 years ago which had the statue of Liberty on it.. very cool..
Hobo Nickels are pretty interesting too...

coinnut
08-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Hey Scott, some nice finds! That merc is beat lol but it's silver :happydance01: Did it come in reading good and were you using Dan's program? Some of those Canadian coins have some rare dates, so I'm not up on them, but maybe someone can chime in. Hey Pulltabsteve, Love the brooch made from a Barber Dime, enameled and all. I have found some other type pins that were enameled, and they were made from around 1910ish. Great piece. A much more personal piece and a great find...you get two of these :cheering: :cheering:

hockeyguy
08-17-2010, 10:11 PM
Good hunt Scott.....once again I win the oldest silver of the day conest with the 26 merc since u have no date :teasing:

RobW
08-18-2010, 08:42 AM
silver coins are always nice to find, no matter the condition! Nice one.

del
08-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Good hunt Scott.....once again I win the oldest silver of the day conest with the 26 merc since u have no date :teasing:

wow Scott losing because of a technicality , you buddy Aaron plays hardball ,huh:huh: lol lol lol

some early coins for sure congrats .