PDA

View Full Version : Thought I had my 1st silver half of the year - so close

wisconsin digger
11-27-2016, 08:09 PM
Saturday was a bust as I managed to goof up my Headphone plug and did not get to hunt, it was a great day too. Sunday, after getting the headphone issue fixed I headed to some previously hunted areas. The 1st area was not to good but I did get one really nice 12-46 signal that was deep. After pulling the plug and working up some dirt out popped a big silver disc, my joy quickly subsided when I saw an eyelet on the disc. Turned out to be a really large St Christopher medal (sterling). It is darn near the same size and weight of a silver half so still a nice find. Left that spot for a different town. That hunt wasn't going so well so I decided to hit the opposite side of the road that I don't recall hunting. 45 minutes later I had a Merc, a Washington, a Buffalo and several older wheats. Glad I tried it as the area saved the day. Keep swinging till the ground goes white. Wisconsin Digger

Digger_O'Dell
11-27-2016, 09:01 PM
Very nice finds, great score on that medal too! Heck, I'll keep swinging till the ground is too hard to dig, then I'll move to the water until late that gets hard too! Lol Happy swinging and GL!

groundhog53946
11-28-2016, 09:19 AM
Way to go! Congrats

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

MangoAve
11-28-2016, 10:48 AM
Nice score on some silver. Ehh.. whether it was a big pendant or hd I prob wouldn't complain, just as long as it wasn't an aluminum store token. Lol. Granted a silver half could be worth quite a bit more than the silver content.

aloldstuff
11-28-2016, 06:10 PM
Very nice looking sterling religious medal, that one shouldn't have to big of a disappointment...:lol:. Congrats on hitting the other side, you got some nice keepers.