PDA

View Full Version : Chick Magnet

hockeyguy
08-18-2010, 08:58 PM
My SE that is with the goddess of love (trade actually) :beerbuddy:...although, you may recall, I did get propositioned by a lady whilest detecting once. She wanted me to help her find her earring. When I asked where she thought she lost it, she replied ,in my bed

Anyway, I decided to hit an old spot where there are several foundations and a lot of iron. I wanted to try out my version of the 2 tone but I forgot how much I now hate hunting in the woods :behave:. Too musch undergrowth even when it looks good. Can't get around the tree limbs on the ground and every little obstacle u hit results in the machine falsing...I have a new respect for the cellar hole guys....hat's off to ya'. thumbsup01

So I struck out after hitting my 1.5 hours goal I heaedd off to the next location I've been over time and time again, a local high school. Yup we killed it there a few years back with our 1st generation machines but now we're sophisticated and all with the newer, pricer equipment. :shocked04:

Only had an hours of daylight left and I started a grid where I left off yesterday. Got a deeper signal (5 or 6) and sounded good. (The difference in sound between a deep clad dime and a silver is quite suttle, even after you've hit a few. ) Out popped a merc. THe ground is like powder and usually I see them in the pile but not this one. I had the tiniest bit of sand in my hand before she popped out.That's one thing i'll say 4 sure, when the coin is in the pile, I can certainly tell if its a small silver or a copper penny quite easily.

Kept going for a bit in the cirlcular pattern now and got another relatively deep hit. Out came another merc. Filled the hole an rescanned it only to hear another...2 in 1! love it. The 26 I found yesterday in the same location. No wheats tinite as I was looking for the goods alone.

Although I am putting in some hours, that makes 7 silvers since Sunday's group hunt. I just have to keep on pluggin away to chisel at Scott's lead. i think he's up to 51 and i at 34....I am way behind but optimistic as long as he doesn't do anything drastic like plunk down the cake for one of those etrackers. Nothing wrong with a bit of Friendly competition, is there?

HH

aaron

del
08-19-2010, 02:30 AM
wow that lady made quite an offer , Aaron . maybe it was an undercover cop and you looked like an easy target. lol lol thats a nice foursome of silver ladies , very sweet .

Myownwings
08-19-2010, 02:40 AM
Mercury dimes are just cool. Period. I got a 1934 tonight (yesterday), and it easily trumps the two clad quarters and corroded lincoln penny.

catskillcomics
08-19-2010, 06:30 AM
Although I am putting in some hours, that makes 7 silvers since Sunday's group hunt. I just have to keep on pluggin away to chisel at Scott's lead. i think he's up to 51 and i at 34....I am way behind but optimistic as long as he doesn't do anything drastic like plunk down the cake for one of those etrackers. Nothing wrong with a bit of Friendly competition, is there?

Good Job Aaron! thumbsup01 Nothing wrong with friendly Competition by me.. but the gloves are coming off now that I got my new headphone yesterday.. it is Swwwwwweeeet! Nice noise canceling phones so I hear those sweet tones of silver... <:

coinnut
08-19-2010, 09:06 AM
Wow, a good old fashioned fight to the death lol Hope you guys have a great competition and may the better man win rofl Great score on them Mercuries. I think you have already learned a lot on that SE. Congrats on that. Scott, you better turn up the heat soon ;)

RobW
08-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Nice Finds!

del
08-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Good Job Aaron! thumbsup01 Nothing wrong with friendly Competition by me.. but the gloves are coming off now that I got my new headphone yesterday.. it is Swwwwwweeeet! Nice noise canceling phones so I hear those sweet tones of silver... <:

yes good friendly competition is great for the soul , looking forward to seeing how this plays out and in case of a tie George and i will judge the tie-breaking sudden Death event two-man sack race for the whole enchilada at a park to be named at a later date. lol rofl not a pretty ordeal i asure you gentlemen. rofl rofl

hockeyguy
08-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Now thats funny right there!

tanacat
08-20-2010, 07:31 AM
Congrats on the 4 mercs and the proposition too lol that's funny...

jkress
08-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Man.... 4 Mercs! Very nice. :clapping:

Keep at it.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-20-2010, 05:31 PM
nice hunt! and curious what was your reply on the earing offer?
inquiring minds wanna know? <:

hockeyguy
08-20-2010, 08:23 PM
Good question HMN......I was shocked. Scott was in earshot and heard the whole thing. I have a great looking wife and am in pretty good shape in that dept. if u know what i mean, so I graciously blushed and passed on the opportunity......wish I could get back some of the offers I had when in college in Boston.