PDA

View Full Version : My best of 2016

aloldstuff
12-24-2016, 06:31 PM
Having been very fortunate to have a honey hole field, which gave up many good coins, here is what I think are the best.

A 1795 and a 1796 Liberty Cap, my oldest US coppers, 1829 Capped Bust dime, my oldest US silver.

A 2 reales, my largest Spanish silver.

Digger_O'Dell
12-24-2016, 06:47 PM
Those are some great finds Al, and I think anyone would be happy with finding just one of those. Display them with pride, you earned it!

Digger Don
12-24-2016, 11:22 PM
Those are awesome finds. We don't find coins like that in our neck of the woods.
Very impressive!!

del
12-25-2016, 08:31 AM
Al , you have had some great success in both this past year and in that field , the overall quantity and variety of coinage leads me to believe that this was a very large and successful farm who could afford many many workers over the years and probably paid them daily. Great coins sir , with a couple that are still on my list to find . Thanks for sharing them .

Dan

Donnie B
12-25-2016, 10:53 AM
Fantastic Finds! Congrats on a great year!

OxShoeDrew
12-25-2016, 01:12 PM
Steller finds, Al! Good luck in the coming year! :beerbuddy:

Ill Digger
12-26-2016, 01:09 PM
All of you East coast guys "best of" posts are like bucket lists for Midwesterns. :envious::lol:
Al your honey hole field sure did produce a wide variety of coins!
That Capped Bust Dime is sweet!
Congrats on this year's finds!:grin:
And here's to a ever more fruitful 2017 season! :beerbuddy:
GL & HH

The Rebel
12-28-2016, 02:59 PM
Al that Capped Bust Dime as well as the Liberty Cent (with pole) is awesome!

Bucknut
12-30-2016, 12:10 PM
Great bunch of finds! All are on my bucket list of coins I hope to some day find. Congrats!

aloldstuff
12-30-2016, 05:25 PM
Those are some great finds Al, and I think anyone would be happy with finding just one of those. Display them with pride, you earned it!

Thanks for the reply. I have been debating about displaying some coins in a Riker by putting them in a round holder then putting them in the Riker. My sister asked me what I wanted for xmas and I said a Riker display......she got me a whole case (12) of them. I had to explain to her that in the 10 years I have been doing this MD'ing thing I have only filled 9 Rikers????

Enjoy your 2017...looking forward to seeing your finds

Those are awesome finds. We don't find coins like that in our neck of the woods.
Very impressive!!

Thanks Don. Enjoy your 2017 and maybe we can meet if you come out this way.

Al , you have had some great success in both this past year and in that field , the overall quantity and variety of coinage leads me to believe that this was a very large and successful farm who could afford many many workers over the years and probably paid them daily. Great coins sir , with a couple that are still on my list to find . Thanks for sharing them .

Dan

Thanks Dan. Don't forget about the PM I sent you. The offer still stands. Enjoy your 2017.

Fantastic Finds! Congrats on a great year!

Thanks and you also enjoy 2017.

Steller finds, Al! Good luck in the coming year! :beerbuddy:

Thanks Drew. Please enjoy your 2017 also.

aloldstuff
12-30-2016, 05:30 PM
All of you East coast guys "best of" posts are like bucket lists for Midwesterns. :envious::lol:
Al your honey hole field sure did produce a wide variety of coins!
That Capped Bust Dime is sweet!
Congrats on this year's finds!:grin:
And here's to a ever more fruitful 2017 season! :beerbuddy:
GL & HH

Thanks Tim. They were also on my bucket list. Enjoy your 2017.

Al that Capped Bust Dime as well as the Liberty Cent (with pole) is awesome!

Thanks for the reply. Liberty Cent w/pole??? I need to be enlightened.

Great bunch of finds! All are on my bucket list of coins I hope to some day find. Congrats!

Thanks Bucknut. I was very fortunate to have found all these coins at one farm. Enjoy your 2017

BOWSER
12-30-2016, 09:00 PM
I need you address and your help findin stuff, i got a full tank of gas to get to that spot, congrats JIM

leslie(nova scotia)
01-10-2017, 10:43 AM
Some vintage oldies thee me bouy. trust 2017 will be even better for you. make the time to get out more this year@