PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Finds Wrap-up

BTV Digger
12-30-2016, 07:02 PM
Hi to you all and Happy Holidays! Hope this message finds you all well and in good health. Well, this really isn't about anything I've found recently (in the last month or so), but I did just finish up my 2016 year in review video on my YouTube channel. There's a few things I found in very late 2015, but 95% of it is from this year. We're locked down and frozen down to 6+" here in northern New England, so my next finds will have to come from round the corner in spring 2017. Anyway, Happy New Year to you all and best of luck in your hunting adventures that lie ahead! Enjoy the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAUOXaPdcMw

John

OxShoeDrew
12-30-2016, 07:14 PM
Enjoyed the video John! Hey at 5:20 "on the farm" what are those silver colored things on the left?? Congrats on a super year and continued success in 2017!

Digger_O'Dell
12-30-2016, 08:09 PM
Nice video John, thanks! Lots a really cool finds. Hope 2017 brings even better and more exciting hunts!

aloldstuff
12-31-2016, 08:23 AM
Nice video with some great finds. Like the way you grouped them. Lets hope for an early thaw. best of luck in the new year.

BTV Digger
12-31-2016, 11:00 AM
Enjoyed the video John! Hey at 5:20 "on the farm" what are those silver colored things on the left?? Congrats on a super year and continued success in 2017!

Hi Drew. Those are chicken blinders, or "peepers" - and older aluminum style from the 1930s/1940s. They're made of plastic today and help guard chickens from pecking others to death, eating eggs or overgrooming. The beak must be pierced to attach them and are banned in a number of countries (the U.K. for example) for animal cruelty reasons. These things ring up so sweet - like a big silver coin, though at this site there were so many of them it made things very frustrating. I included them in the video 'cause they were a kinda unusual find.

John

Lodge Scent
01-03-2017, 08:30 AM
Great job on the video John. Very enjoyable. I loved the soundtrack. Lots of great finds. Man you found a lot of bells! I can't seem to hardly put my coil over one. Sweet Canadian LC. I would like to find one some day. The kid's bank was cool too. I hope spring comes early for you in the northern kingdom.

del
01-10-2017, 08:04 PM
Congrats on a great year John , I also enjoyed the video with all the finds ! you did extremely well this past year , my goal this year is to get up your way for a hunt or two !!Congrats again !

Dan