PDA

View Full Version : Last find of the year, toast!

Digger_O'Dell
12-31-2016, 11:54 PM
Hi all and happy new year!
Hope the year 2017 brings everyone lots of great discoveries. I managed a couple hours out in an 1850s frozen field where I got several indians including my first fatty. Since they finally picked the beans just hoped for more goodies. I only found one repeatable signal giving me a 12-19 (pull tab) but I was bored and dug it. Turned out to be a really toasty Indian. In the right light and angle I can just make out the wreath and shield.

So to all a joyous new year!

Ill Digger
01-01-2017, 01:12 AM
Nice! Is it a fatty Chris? A 12-19 is awfully low Co. numbers for a IHP. I found a IHP a fews back that in the ground and out comes in a solid 12-22. Which is fatty numbers but the coin isn't fat. It's red like a nickel too. I'm stumped?
Congrats on your late season find! :grin:

aloldstuff
01-01-2017, 08:10 AM
You might have won the "Last Find Of The Year Award"....if one existed. Congrats on your fatty.

Digger_O'Dell
01-01-2017, 03:47 PM
Nice! Is it a fatty Chris? A 12-19 is awfully low Co. numbers for a IHP. I found a IHP a fews back that in the ground and out comes in a solid 12-22. Which is fatty numbers but the coin isn't fat. It's red like a nickel too. I'm stumped?
Congrats on your late season find! :grin:

You just pretty much described this coin. Looks to me it's just a very corroded eaten away Indian.

OxShoeDrew
01-01-2017, 06:43 PM
You might have won the "Last Find Of The Year Award"....if one existed. Congrats on your fatty.:lol:
I wonder if I made the first find of the new year? 7AM this morning I dug...ummmm...an oxshoe. :yes: I'm not certain if hunting so early on new year's day means I'm hardcore or friendless on new year's eve :lol: ...but you def found the last keeper of the year! Congrats!

Digger_O'Dell
01-02-2017, 11:33 PM
Got it figured out after a lye soak brought out a few outlines. It's a flying eagle cent! My first one, too bad it's so trashed.

Bucknut
01-03-2017, 09:03 AM
Really a Flying Eagle?!!! How cool is that! Nice save!

Digger Don
01-03-2017, 09:09 AM
Wow, now that's the way to end a season. Congrats on the flying eagle. Great find!!!:clapping:

MangoAve
01-03-2017, 11:38 AM
Injun's are a bit choppy. Idk why tho. Grats on finding it. I almost get bored in the woods on hearing nothing but iron grunts that I dig anything repeatable. That's how I got that barrel tap. I saw a beer can and moved it. I heard a 33 pull tab vdi. Sure as heck I thought it was from the can. Dug anyway.. and it turned out to be a tap.

wisconsin digger
01-05-2017, 01:26 AM
Looks like a good winter Electrolysis project. Nice find Chris. WD

milco
01-05-2017, 04:00 PM
Congrats on the flying eagle! Use toothpicks to see what you can pick off of it, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk