PDA

View Full Version : Which Pin Pointer do you recomend

rvosburg
01-13-2017, 09:40 AM
I'm wanting to get a new pin pointer and was wondering which you guys would recommend, the Garrett Pro AT or the Whites TRX?

del
01-13-2017, 01:11 PM
For me its neither of those two ! Oh I use to use the whites bulls eye II but it wasn't very well thought out and had issues. so I bought a vibraprobe about 5 or 6 years ago and haven't had a problem with it yet ! Its water proof no buttons or switches to malfunction where its dirty or muddy and it even floats if you drop it in some water . I've been rough with mine and its never failed me yet !

Dan

Donnie B
01-13-2017, 10:10 PM
I like the old black Garrett. It's not waterproof like the new Garrett Carrot but I like the simplicity of "turn on and go." The Carrot has too many features for my feeble brain. I don't want to adjust the sensitivity on my pin-pointer. I just want it to help find my target quickly without fumbling through the settings.

rvosburg
01-14-2017, 07:08 AM
thanks fellas

calabash digger
01-14-2017, 08:15 AM
Im already having issues with my garret carrot ,to be fair I have used it alot in a year. It quits beeping and vibrating sometimes. I opened it and it was full of sand. My question is if sand can get in cant water too lol. Garrett told me to send it in but when I dumped the sand out it worked fine for awhile now its started acting up again.

Digger Don
01-14-2017, 11:50 AM
I like the Garrett. The black one has served me well except on muddy days.
I bought the Carrot this season and really like it as well.

The Rebel
01-19-2017, 02:10 PM
I like the old reliable Black Garrett Pro-Pointer.

rvosburg
01-22-2017, 07:10 PM
Decided to go with the Whites TRX. Cant wait to try that baby out.

Digger_O'Dell
01-22-2017, 07:26 PM
Congrats on the TRX! Think you'll really like it, and before long you will wonder how you survived without it.

del
01-22-2017, 11:05 PM
Congrats on the TRX! Think you'll really like it, and before long you will wonder how you survived without it.

I agree with Chris , good choice !