PDA

View Full Version : NEL 17x15 coil

lee
01-14-2017, 09:45 PM
so im thinking of buying me self a belated Xmas prezzy for my AT pro and was wondering if anyone has got any feedback on the NEL 17x15 coil.
here is what it looks like if you didn't know
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/catalog/nel-big-15x17-search-coil-garrett-at-pro?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SC%20Shopping%20-%20New&utm_term=1100101986043&utm_content=All%20Products

del
01-15-2017, 05:44 PM
That's a huge coil Lee and probably a little heavy , best places for that coil is the beaches and wide open fields with little to no trash .

lee
01-15-2017, 06:03 PM
well that is sort of my thing , wide open fields and parks,the coil weighs 2.2lbs and people have suggested because of the weight its a good idea to use the shoulder sling with it which im ok with.
after looking at some tests on it and seeing the increased depth as well as great ground stability and separation in trashy areas i thought it might open up some of the heavily detected places and give me a bit of an edge.
they do a few other smaller coils such as the attack coil which is smaller but does lose a bit of depth.

MangoAve
01-16-2017, 10:16 AM
Oh, Lee.. Parks are trashy my friend. Fields means either wooded fields of a cellar or currently used fields for growing crops. But there is a trade off, that huge coil won't help near the cellar (which you don't often do anyway) and it won't help much in the heavily used parts of parks. Maybe in a soccer field or the outfield. Not trying to be a dream killer, lol. It might help, but not to the extent expressed in the Vid. Hope if you do go with it, that you recover the cost. I think its $189 for that coil.

lee
01-16-2017, 12:10 PM
$236 Jim,im now looking at the slightly smaller attack coil........see ? i do listen....lol

lee
01-16-2017, 02:12 PM
after listening to Del (god) and mango (citrus fruit) i have decided on the tornado coil....ordered and on its way,,,cant wait.
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/catalog/nel-tornado-12x13-search-coil-garrett-at-pro

MangoAve
01-19-2017, 11:00 AM
Did you get out on Tues, wanka? Hope you found something good if you did. Let us know how the coil works out for ya.