PDA

View Full Version : First Hunt of 2017

del
01-15-2017, 08:55 PM
It started as a grueling huge uphill hike with Donnie B. and Tropper Bri to two cellar sites , some on trails some "bush-wacking" and it took us over an hour to reach the first one. Only to find that site completely void of anything , the next site was another half mile down hill. This site looked great , some stone walled pens nice large cellar out in the middle of nowhere !! It too was pretty lifeless but I did find my first shoe buckle of the new year which I was pretty happy with from the odd shape and nice design with floral rosettes in the corners . :happydance02:Brian , Donnie and I struggled with this site for the rest of the day and late in the day I finally got a button to go with the buckle a plain pewter . That was it from that site after about 4 hours of swinging a button and the buckle = Stingy site !

Dan

Digger Don
01-15-2017, 09:10 PM
Nice job on the shoe buckle Dan. Glad to see that you can get out for a hunt!

Digger_O'Dell
01-15-2017, 09:51 PM
Very nice buckle Dan, that's a really cool design. Looks like some great hunting out there - no snow or ice to contend with. We have a big ice storm coming tomorrow, hope you get spared!

Donnie B
01-15-2017, 10:45 PM
That is such an awesome and unique buckle! Not to mention Gorgeous! I will post my finds after I get them cleaned up! To say that we had a hike is an understatement! Great day out with my buds!

del
01-16-2017, 12:13 AM
Nice job on the shoe buckle Dan. Glad to see that you can get out for a hunt!

Thanks Don , the sites was very sanitized except for shotgun shells but they missed a couple of easy targets in obvious traffic areas.

Very nice buckle Dan, that's a really cool design. Looks like some great hunting out there - no snow or ice to contend with. We have a big ice storm coming tomorrow, hope you get spared!

Chris , we just got rid of the white stuff (I had about a total of 5 inches here before I left on vacation two weeks ago) thank you sir .

That is such an awesome and unique buckle! Not to mention Gorgeous! I will post my finds after I get them cleaned up! To say that we had a hike is an understatement! Great day out with my buds!

I'm glad you grabbed couple of goodies there too Donnie , thanks

OxShoeDrew
01-16-2017, 04:49 AM
I love the design! :drool: How did you do with the post-holiday hike? Still in shape?
Hey, how was your vacation?? Congrats on the beautiful buckle!

Ill Digger
01-16-2017, 05:52 AM
Nice way to kick off the new year Dan!
The shape of the shoe buckle is different from most that I've seen posted from cellar hole hunts.
Very unique Dan!
Congrats! 😆

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Lodge Scent
01-16-2017, 08:26 AM
Breaking news! Metal detectorist finds a shoe buckle at a pounded-to-death site !

Oh...... it was Dan. :envious:

And a nice one at that my friend!

MangoAve
01-16-2017, 10:27 AM
Nice buckle, Dan. I was taking your place and finding them while you were away. lol.

del
01-16-2017, 12:52 PM
I love the design! :drool: How did you do with the post-holiday hike? Still in shape?
Hey, how was your vacation?? Congrats on the beautiful buckle!

The post-holiday hike wasn't lethal as I walked many miles most of the days I was on vacation (6 to 9 miles a day ) at universal studios , the Vegas strip , Disneyland and the grand canon ! the vacation was a lot of fun , the family had fun with my younger sister and her husband . Thanks Drew

Nice way to kick off the new year Dan!
The shape of the shoe buckle is different from most that I've seen posted from cellar hole hunts.
Very unique Dan!
Congrats! 

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thanks Tim , the shape is very uncommon . It was pinpointing at 6 inches but was closer to 9

Breaking news! Metal detectorist finds a shoe buckle at a pounded-to-death site !

Oh...... it was Dan. :envious:

And a nice one at that my friend!

:rofl: Jeff I knew you'd appreciate the post the most , thanks

Nice buckle, Dan. I was taking your place and finding them while you were away. lol.

Your services are no longer required , Dan will be finding his own shoe buckles from now on ! Thank you for your cooperation ! :lol: Thanks Jim , and stop stalking me !;)

calabash digger
01-17-2017, 09:00 AM
nice shoe buckle ,you guys have some nice places to hunt.

Full Metal Digger
01-17-2017, 02:43 PM
Hey Del, still good finds even if you have to hike all day for them! When we come up in March try not to kill us with those long hikes! LOL.

del
01-17-2017, 02:54 PM
nice shoe buckle ,you guys have some nice places to hunt.

We do but unfortunately the finds are getting dryer and dryer ! Thanks

Hey Del, still good finds even if you have to hike all day for them! When we come up in March try not to kill us with those long hikes! LOL.

Dave , I recommend bringing some good comfortable hiking shoes :lol: its what we do to get to the lesser hit sites ! we will hit a few not so far out ones , where there is a ton of swinging room and a good chance one or two of you will get some really old coin or relics. Thanks

BTV Digger
01-17-2017, 03:56 PM
Great nab on the shoe buckle Dan and congrats on your first of the year! 4 hours for those two items - you are a dedicated soul sir! (I'd probably do similar. :lol:)

John

aloldstuff
01-19-2017, 07:32 PM
Very nice buckle. I have only one question......did you use the buckle coil?:lol: