PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I found my very First Draped Bust and a copper spill!

Donnie B
01-16-2017, 02:44 PM
Everyone has probably already seen Danny's gorgeous shoe buckle that he found yesterday on our hunt with Brian. It's very unique and an amazing find! 573725737357374I didn't find many relics yesterday but I did find my very first copper spill which included my FIRST Draped Bust copper! I am stoked! Thanks again Danny and Brian for letting me tag along!

OxShoeDrew
01-16-2017, 03:22 PM
That's really special!! Those coppers had some space between them in the hole? Sometimes when they touch they can come out like they were dropped yesterday. Huge congrats on your first copper spill...and in JANUARY!!!

calabash digger
01-16-2017, 03:38 PM
congrats very nice!

Lodge Scent
01-16-2017, 03:46 PM
Donny B, you are making some nice finds!

del
01-16-2017, 03:56 PM
Big congrats on your first coin spill and your first draped bust copper Donnie , the hike was brutal but at least it wasn't for nothing ! great finds !:clapping:

Digger_O'Dell
01-16-2017, 04:02 PM
Great spill, congrats!

Donnie B
01-16-2017, 04:48 PM
Yes. I think they were separated in the hole by several inches. The Draped Bust came out first in the dirt I removed from the hole. It was so exciting when I realized it was a coin I had never dug before. I stood up and scanned the hole before kicking the dirt back in and BOOM! There was another coin signal in the hole! I think the Matron was at least three to four inches from the Draped Bust. The initial signal was screaming at me!

That's really special!! Those coppers had some space between them in the hole? Sometimes when they touch they can come out like they were dropped yesterday. Huge congrats on your first copper spill...and in JANUARY!!!

If you had told me beforehand to walk eight miles that way and you will find your first Draped Bust and your first coin spill I would have ran the whole way! It was worth it! That shoe buckle was worth at least 20 miles with a full pack!

Big congrats on your first coin spill and your first draped bust copper Donnie , the hike was brutal but at least it wasn't for nothing ! great finds !:clapping:

Mr. Digger
01-16-2017, 07:54 PM
Nice Donnie B! The DB looks like an 1800. Is there a date on the other LC? Congrats!

Donnie B
01-16-2017, 07:58 PM
Thanks!

congrats very nice!

Yes, we think the Draped Bust is an 1800. I can't make out the date on the Matron but I think it's an early one. It looks like 181?????.

Nice Donnie B! The DB looks like an 1800. Is there a date on the other LC? Congrats!

BTV Digger
01-17-2017, 03:58 PM
Congrats on your first DB Donnie! In great looking shape too.

John

Ken C
01-17-2017, 09:10 PM
Beautiful coins! Congrats, great finds!

MangoAve
01-19-2017, 10:45 AM
Grats on an LC spill, Donnie. I've found a bunch of matron but still waiting on a DB. I'm going to guess your matron is an 1817. It's def not a classic head variety. It obvi has the 13 stars. It's one of the more common ones. Did Dan tell you that I passed by you guys at the last site? Lol. I had just recovered my lost shovel at a different site maybe 8mi (driving) away.

Donnie B
01-19-2017, 11:14 AM
I'm still looking at it every day! It's well worn so it was in circulation for many years which was proven by being lost with a Matron. It's a great condition though for a dug copper. I agree on the Matron. It's an early one, I believe. I'm pretty sure it's 181? but I can't make out the last number. I didn't know you passed us!

Grats on an LC spill, Donnie. I've found a bunch of matron but still waiting on a DB. I'm going to guess your matron is an 1817. It's def not a classic head variety. It obvi has the 13 stars. It's one of the more common ones. Did Dan tell you that I passed by you guys at the last site? Lol. I had just recovered my lost shovel at a different site maybe 8mi (driving) away.

del
01-19-2017, 11:56 AM
Did Dan tell you that I passed by you guys at the last site? Lol.

Jim is stalking us for sites Donnie :lol:, here is a picture he took of my jeep that day

MangoAve
01-19-2017, 01:07 PM
Ref my latest post.... I bought a gps (Bluetooth) tracker for my shovel. What, you didn't think I'd buy two. Just try and find it on your jeep. :rofl:. Actually, they haven't arrived yet. The joke I made to Dan, is "how else do you think I find my sites?". We live in the same town. We are bound to know about 90% of the same sites already.

del
01-19-2017, 01:13 PM
Ref my latest post.... I bought a gps (Bluetooth) tracker for my shovel. What, you didn't think I'd buy two. Just try and find it on your jeep. :rofl:. Actually, they haven't arrived yet. The joke I made to Dan, is "how else do you think I find my sites?". We live in the same town. We are bound to know about 90% of the same sites already.

should of joined us we were only 3 1/2 miles out up that huge hill !

MangoAve
01-19-2017, 01:39 PM
should of joined us we were only 3 1/2 miles out up that huge hill !

Check again. Maybe 3.5 mi both ways, but it's only 2.23 miles for the longest diagonal across that area to street intersection. Obvi It's not like I don't know you guys, less Donnie. I have heard of, but not met him. Remember the permission in EW with George and Bob... Didn't wanna repeat of that. Lol. Jk. Might have if I'd heard a reply from ya. The distance and hill doesn't bother me. I had 14703 steps and 6.85mi total travel Sunday, according to my tracker. I knew which direction you were, but not the town. It was crazy that I stumbled upon your parking. There was a nice barn right there, to the right of the pic.

The Rebel
01-19-2017, 01:40 PM
WTG on the double copper spill!

Donnie B
01-19-2017, 06:26 PM
I'm sticking with 3.50 miles one way! We were on a scouting expedition with full packs and rations! My left knee still hurts. I never could do that left, right, left stuff!

Check again. Maybe 3.5 mi both ways, but it's only 2.23 miles for the longest diagonal across that area to street intersection. Obvi It's not like I don't know you guys, less Donnie. I have heard of, but not met him. Remember the permission in EW with George and Bob... Didn't wanna repeat of that. Lol. Jk. Might have if I'd heard a reply from ya. The distance and hill doesn't bother me. I had 14703 steps and 6.85mi total travel Sunday, according to my tracker. I knew which direction you were, but not the town. It was crazy that I stumbled upon your parking. There was a nice barn right there, to the right of the pic.

Donnie B
01-19-2017, 06:29 PM
We can get a GPS jammer for $395.00. Plugs into your cigarette lighter. :lolsign:

Jim is stalking us for sites Donnie :lol:, here is a picture he took of my jeep that day

aloldstuff
01-19-2017, 07:46 PM
Huge congrats on your first Draped Bust and that it was part of a spill. From what I read about your hike out there, I would still be crawling out of the woods.

MangoAve
01-20-2017, 02:40 PM
We can get a GPS jammer for $395.00. Plugs into your cigarette lighter.

Lol, Wouldn't that be better spent on another machine?

wild willy
01-20-2017, 07:07 PM
i think the db is 1798 i see a 9

Donnie B
01-20-2017, 09:20 PM
It's definitely an 1800. I have a loop and can't keep my eyes off of it!

i think the db is 1798 i see a 9