PDA

View Full Version : Silver, Wheats, Holed Token

z118
08-19-2010, 08:24 PM
I have not been doing much detecting lately, but I did manage to get out this evening. I headed for a field that gave up a Buff and five wheats during my last hunt. The ground was bone dry and the grass was soaked from a light rain when I arrived - just about my least favorite conditions. The Sov was cranky too, breaking on all signals and generally just being beligerent - maybe it knows I have an E-trac on the way? At any rate I poked around for a while and wound up with some okay finds - a '44 P war nickel, two wheats ('57 & '58), a 1982 Chuck E cheese token with a hole in it, a nifty vintage looking button, and 13 clad coins worth $1.15.

Looking forward to getting the Etrac... I bought it used from Bruce in CT. I'm excited and a bit nervous to see how it compares to the Sov.

Happy hunting!

coinnut
08-19-2010, 08:46 PM
I hate them conditions too! The wet grass always adds to falsing or just plain interference in general. The dry soil doesn't help depth any. The only good thing about dry soil is it lessens the footprint of iron. Glad you got out for a hunt and that field gave up some silver for you. Relax about the E Trac. lol When you get used to it, you will love it!! :clapping: