PDA

View Full Version : My very first Connecticut Copper! WOW! I can't believe it!

Donnie B
01-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Sunday was a beautiful day to dig some colonial with Danny LaMontagne and Brian Bari. I only had one significant find among the four sites we hit but it is absolutely gorgeous and my very first Connecticut Copper ever! I found it at the first site we visited and the rest of the day I was on Cloud Number 9!57440574415744257443

Digger_O'Dell
01-23-2017, 10:06 PM
Congrats on a really nice looking copper and another one off the bucket list! :wow:

Lodge Scent
01-23-2017, 10:06 PM
For our first CT coppers, most of us would be happy with a toasty, bent, barely identifiable specimen. That is an awesome CT Donnie. You are making some quality finds. :perfect10:

aloldstuff
01-24-2017, 06:20 AM
What a beautiful looking CT copper. Congrats on your 1st and I am sure not your last. As Jeff said, you are making some great finds. Keep it up.....love it.

MangoAve
01-24-2017, 12:41 PM
Incredible shape, Donnie. Well done.

The Rebel
01-24-2017, 01:21 PM
WTG on the CT, lots of nice detail on it to be able to ID the variety. I love my CT's!

Mr. Digger
01-25-2017, 07:07 AM
Major congrats, Donnie B! That coin is beautiful.

del
01-25-2017, 11:03 PM
Absolutely beautiful Connecticut Donnie , Robert and his dad beat us to that site by about a month but they didn't score any coppers ! well done :notworthy:

Donnie B
01-26-2017, 07:09 AM
Wow! I'm sure they probably made a couple of great finds at that site. It was definitely good to us with your Draped Bust and my Connecticut! There's more to be found at that site so we should do a return visit some day. I like the time period of our finds there too!

Absolutely beautiful Connecticut Donnie , Robert and his dad beat us to that site by about a month but they didn't score any coppers ! well done :notworthy:

del
01-26-2017, 07:31 AM
Wow! I'm sure they probably made a couple of great finds at that site. It was definitely good to us with your Draped Bust and my Connecticut! There's more to be found at that site so we should do a return visit some day. I like the time period of our finds there too!

Robert , mentioned that it was pretty barren to them as well . they got a couple of buttons is all . They did get their monogrammed dandy buttons where Brian found his fancy dandy and I my tombac.

calabash digger
01-26-2017, 08:22 AM
man all I can say is wow! thats really nice. congrats

Donnie B
01-26-2017, 08:26 AM
We didn't find any buttons at that site but we got the coppers. It's strange how this hobby works some times. I was thinking after I posted a few minutes ago if that might have been the site where Mark's GW was found! The date range works!

Robert , mentioned that it was pretty barren to them as well . they got a couple of buttons is all . They did get their monogrammed dandy buttons where Brian found his fancy dandy and I my tombac.

MangoAve
01-27-2017, 02:20 PM
We didn't find any buttons at that site but we got the coppers. It's strange how this hobby works some times. I was thinking after I posted a few minutes ago if that might have been the site where Mark's GW was found! The date range works!

Nay, Mark found his GW pretty darn close to where I got my last LC. Jim A knew the spot from my pics and had gone that way on their hunt.

OxShoeDrew
01-28-2017, 03:57 PM
Best obverse I ever saw on a CT! Great looking coin!! Hugh congrats Donnie!

Donnie B
01-28-2017, 07:56 PM
Thanks! I have been very, very, lucky lately and I owe it all to Danny and Brian for letting me tag along with them. Digging colonial is really the stuff of dreams for so many detectorists and I am living the dream!

Best obverse I ever saw on a CT! Great looking coin!! Hugh congrats Donnie!

Ken C
02-07-2017, 06:25 PM
That is one beautiful coin. Very, very nice!
:congrats:

Ill Digger
02-08-2017, 05:28 PM
You don't have to be an expert to know that that's a prime specimen!! :shocked04:
She's in great shape !!
Congrats!! :grin:

I just hope that there's one like that still left for me when I come out. :crossfingers:

Donnie B
02-09-2017, 06:25 AM
Danny has given me some excellent tips and all of my recent coppers have come using his advice. Work close to the trees, scrubby areas, and places that other detectorists would skip by preferring the wide open swings. There's always something that somebody missed.

You don't have to be an expert to know that that's a prime specimen!! :shocked04:
She's in great shape !!
Congrats!! :grin:

I just hope that there's one like that still left for me when I come out. :crossfingers:

Noah
03-06-2017, 11:16 PM
Reminds me of my first 2 large cents, as to the condition. Amazing! What Dreams May Come!! Some day.