PDA

View Full Version : Today

hockeyguy
08-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Let's see so today, I went into the office for an uneventful, waste of time meeting :bangahead01: :mad:(though you don't know until you get there), then came home, took care of some service work and left for The Hockey Hut in Albany at about 1:45 for my weekly lesson with my son and a great, certified, instructor :cheering:. Worked out hard and skated for 1 hour. Headed home, took care of a few other things and decided I had an hour of daylight :thinkingabout:.. I knew Scott went to the high school and I know there's more silver there, but I didn't have the daylight to get there, so I headed to a school nearby. Yup I've pounded the place, but Scott did grab a merc there last week. Nothing happeneing in the 1/2 hour and tall grass so I headed across the street to the firehouse field. Again long grass and some deep lincolns later, I pulled out the lone rosie (47) figuring I'd fallen behind the contest. I was glad to grab it as it started pouring. I am going to have to do some serious hunting and/or scouting to catch up now that I've let him on to where I want to be. Think I created a monster, but instead of being the type of person hoping that others fail, I am hoping this steps up both of our games to a new level. Hey if I am lucky enough to reach 80 and he hits 120, I'm happy! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I've 8 for the week, that is 25% more than I had last week, not bad. Scott has 6 for the week, ~ 8% more than he had last week. I'll surely have to pick up the pace if I'm going to win the marathon as he's on mile 13 and I'm just crossing 7.

HH all

Aaron

Epi-hunter
08-19-2010, 10:13 PM
Okay this is off topic and I just put it together with your name... hockeyguy... but you said you 'skated' for an hour.

Ice skated?

I ask because I ice skate also, and also rollerskate (rollerblade, preferably). The latter I am very good at. In fact I am going to join the regional rollerderby team here, if I can cut it, and if I prove to be mean enough lol

Back on topic... 8 for the week is fantastic. Congrats on the rosie!

Beefcake
08-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Everything was going according to plan at the Roller Derby...Until Angie spotted that mercury dime on the floor..

hockeyguy
08-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Yeah i like to play Ice Hockey, that's my workout and entertainment.....I love it. 2 days a week now 3 in the winter. Burn roughly 2300 calories per workout. play on a few teams, 1 with my kid right now.
Roller derby is making a comeback and I have thought about going to see a local match but no one wants to go with me. I never tried blades but would like to. The hockey stop is so critical for me that I couldn't imagine not being abkle to do it....it would be like using figure skates.......yuk! :blackeye:

coinnut
08-20-2010, 07:01 AM
Don't let Scott beat you lol Take them silvers one at a time if you can. And never skate behind Angie, you saw the results when she stopped to pick up that dime rofl

tanacat
08-20-2010, 07:42 AM
Everything was going according to plan at the Roller Derby...Until Angie spotted that mercury dime on the floor..

rofl rofl rofl Good find Beefcake! Perfect pic for the story lol

Epi-hunter
08-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Brian, your day is coming lol

Yeah i like to play Ice Hockey, that's my workout and entertainment.....I love it. 2 days a week now 3 in the winter. Burn roughly 2300 calories per workout. play on a few teams, 1 with my kid right now.
Roller derby is making a comeback and I have thought about going to see a local match but no one wants to go with me. I never tried blades but would like to. The hockey stop is so critical for me that I couldn't imagine not being abkle to do it....it would be like using figure skates.......yuk! :blackeye:

Stopping on blades is completely different than the hockey stop on skates or skis (I'm a skier). Took me awhile to get used to. lol

del
08-20-2010, 02:19 PM
yes Aaron i'm pulling for you to put the sqeeze on Scott , pressure will test his metal :thinkingabout: and make it interesting :yes:. now that i have Coinnut in a false state of feeling invincible , i'll spring the trap and catch up in this friendly competition as i usually finish up strong in the year. ;) keep pulling those silvers man. thumbsup01

coinnut
08-20-2010, 02:21 PM
now that i have Coinnut in a false state of feeling invincible , i'll spring the trap and catch up in this friendly competition as i usually finish up strong in the year. ;)

Hmmm... interesting :thinkingabout:

jkress
08-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Congrats on the Rosie score! Best of luck to you.

hockeyguy
08-20-2010, 08:29 PM
well del I am now falling behind as I took a chance with my few minutes of time tonite looking for some older stuff...i knew he was going back to the honey hole for the quantity.