PDA

View Full Version : A few finds from 2 abandoned homes in SC

laurahatt214
02-01-2017, 11:28 AM
Hi guys,

We got a chance to go out hunting in Lowcounty SC this past weekend and we found a few things, but there are 2 items that we are not sure what they are. Here is a photo of them and I am also including a link to the video of when we found them.
https://youtu.be/9SXFv9dJjdU

Enjoy and thank you for your help!

Digger_O'Dell
02-01-2017, 12:14 PM
Don't know about the top photo, but the lower almost looks like it could be the top to either a lantern or incense burner. Of course, I'm probably wrong :lol:

MangoAve
02-01-2017, 12:22 PM
Don't know about the top photo, but the lower almost looks like it could be the top to either a lantern or incense burner. Of course, I'm probably wrong :lol:

You might be onto something.
Laura, We might need a pic of the bottom side of the brass item. I see the tiny hole which is 180 degrees from the slot. It appears more toward something ornate for a door, but something like the hole/slot and lack of a center hole might make it like something for a lantern. Idk why up here in NE we only find the wick holders. It's like those are disposable parts that get tossed, and for some reason the lanterns don't. Makes no sense they would toss the wick holder and not recycle it, but recycle the lantern itself. They re-used nails...

Beartoe
02-01-2017, 06:20 PM
FI

I found this item last summer. I was never able to identify what it is. For some reason it puts me in mind of your second item. They are about
the same size.

laurahatt214
02-01-2017, 08:02 PM
OK we have found out that the bottom photo is of a
Stamped Backplate Ring and Drop Pulls 1850-1915. So now just working on the top hinge thing lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

del
02-02-2017, 09:05 AM
The plate also looks similar to the old decorative brass covers that went on the wooden bed bolt holes.