PDA

View Full Version : Post #2000 !!

Digger_O'Dell
02-01-2017, 01:16 PM
Wow, it doesn't seem like it's been very long since I joined the forum, but I have to say it's been the best thing I've fine since getting back into detecting.

So many other forums (detecting or othetwise) have little activity, people on them just don't participate. Their members often have less knowledge than they profess, and are often less than friendly especially to new members. Not here!

Since day one I have received a warm welcome to the community which has grown into a lot more. I've been very grateful to all the members who have shared information not only about finds, but equipment, techniques, research, and all the rest. I have gotten to know people on a first name basis and have actually gotten to meet and hunt with some great folks for which I am very grateful.

Even though I am by no means an expert, But, I have been often able to give back to this forum and the detecting hobby in all the ways I was helped. It's a better feeling in my opinion to give back than it was to learn in the first place. Believe me when I say that I really look forward to the future of this forum and it's members, without which there wouldn't be a forum.

So to everyone, I give a huge thanks, and hope in the future to meet more of you for some hunts, and continue to hunt with the friends I have already made here. Thanks everyone, and happy hunting!! :waving:

del
02-01-2017, 01:47 PM
This might come out feeling a bit biased because its from a staff member but I completely agree Chris . I have been a part of "other" forums (some very large) and even FB but I have come to really appreciate and like the closeness and atmosphere of a few smaller forums for a few reasons . There is way far less "drama" on small forums , the memberships there are much closer communities and interact in a what only a few will do on larger forums . lastly they seem to move at a better speed unlike a facebook where you are bombarded by tons of replies , likes , open chats and invites to other group pages . I mean if you miss a day your playing catch up , who has that kind of time ? Forums move a bit slower and if you miss a day or two its easy to find where you left off and rejoin the conversation.

One this is very true to what you said though ... without you members this would only be another empty website , Thank you all for your involvement , participation and your willingness to help others .

Dan

aloldstuff
02-01-2017, 05:42 PM
Congrats on your 2000th post. I for one totally agree with what you have stated about this forum. Sometimes I miss a few days maybe even a week, but I always find time to catch up. Again coming from another staff member, we all appreciate the participation of our members. Knowing how addicting this hobby is, I have found that this forum is best place to get a metal detecting "fix"

Lodge Scent
02-03-2017, 03:51 PM
Agreed and congrats Chris. This is my favorite forum and its folks like you that make it so.

Now that you have attained "Elite" status, your annual membership is free.

OxShoeDrew
02-03-2017, 04:08 PM
You are a large part of this forum, Chris. Your knowledge and finds are always wonderful additions! Congrats on 2000!!!!