PDA

View Full Version : Why so much attitude? Great find!

Noel
02-09-2017, 09:35 AM
So just like some people, I have been at this hobby a while and have learned that it is so easy to miss something good from time to time. I was hunting a local park/swimming beach that I and others hunt frequently. A few good finds here and there. In the summers here in the Florida Keys, people sit in the water because it is so hot out and lose things. So as I am going along, a guy walks up to me and asks if I found anything. He has his Excalibur 2 and I am useing my AT Pro. I also have an Excalibur 2 but keep the AT Pro in my car all the time. He starts telling me that my AT Pro is great machine for beginners but that I won't find shit with it in the salt water. I tell him he is right that it is not the best machine for this but I have alot of experience with it and find stuff quite often with it. He starts getting an attitude with me saying I don't really know what I am talking about. Just then I get a low to mid tone in front of him. When I told him about it he says that he was just in this spot 15 minutes ago and it's gonna be a bottle cap. I said it is definitely not a bottle cap. He says how would I know since the machine is garbage. Now I am a little upset. Not that I care but I had never met a detector with so much attitude. So I dig it. We are in knee deep water w/ sandy bottom. 2nd scoop and I pull up this dandy right in front of him. I can't make out the mark. I see the K but not sure if it says 14k or 18k. He says a bunch of crap I can't understand and walks away.

What is with the attitude?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170209/9c1eb857fdbbbae7cc8bfbb585645b2c.jpg

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Digger_O'Dell
02-09-2017, 09:42 AM
It's called Karma! :rofl::hystericallaugh:
Awesome find! Congrats!

Digger Don
02-09-2017, 11:03 AM
I would have given anything to see his face:hystericallaugh:GOOD FOR YOU!!!

del
02-09-2017, 12:33 PM
That's when you should of said "Who don't really know what they are talking about "?? Karma is a beautiful thing ! congrats on the gold

Noel
02-09-2017, 02:02 PM
Thanks guys. I hunt with friends and miss things too. I missed a flying eagle penny that my buddy got right behind me not 2 minutes later. I on the other hand, got an SL quarter right behind him another time crossing his grid. We make fun of each others machines. He has a DLX and a Excalibur 2 also. Oh well. On to the next!

Tony Two-Cent
02-09-2017, 02:28 PM
You couldn't have scripted it any better. :thumbsup01:

Congrats on the very nice gold chain, it's a beauty! :clapping:

del
02-09-2017, 03:28 PM
Thanks guys. I hunt with friends and miss things too. I missed a flying eagle penny that my buddy got right behind me not 2 minutes later. I on the other hand, got an SL quarter right behind him another time crossing his grid. We make fun of each others machines. He has a DLX and a Excalibur 2 also. Oh well. On to the next!

This hobby is a game of inches plain and simple .

lee
02-10-2017, 06:42 AM
your a better man than me noel , i would of got the red mist and spent the night in a cell lol,i swing the ATpro and i love it like a family member.

MangoAve
02-10-2017, 10:59 AM
Grats on the gold. I agree with Dan on his analogy otherwise last time I was out with Robert and his dad I would have scored two LC instead of 0 and him getting 3. That time I turned cuz I stopped hearing iron, but it picked back up after 10-15Ft and there were the two LC. You'll get all sorts of altercations in this hobby. Be prepared, it's inevitable. But still advisable to try and avoid it as much as you can. You are new to the forum so I will state the last thing that happened to me. I parked off the side of the road and was hunting a slightly grown field. The field along with another 45 acres of heavy brush was town owned prop as of early 2000s. A guy driving by decides to stop and say something. He drives onto private property, and proceeds to tell me I am trespassing on town property. And you aren't?? WTF?? After telling him it was town owned, he had to inquire about what the town said on the matter. After telling him the town ordinance, which governs all town prop, said nothing on the matter therefore it is not banned. He didn't believe me and told me he would take my license plate info and ask the town. Nothing ever came of it. I do speculate he is a detectorist too, and I was 'poaching' which is BS. Just remain calm with any situation you encounter.

your a better man than me noel , i would of got the red mist and spent the night in a cell lol,i swing the ATpro and i love it like a family member.

Lol, Lee, you are more of a teddy bear than Bruce Lee.

Bucknut
02-10-2017, 02:41 PM
So awesome is so many ways! great job all around.

ODA 226
02-23-2017, 07:11 AM
Just laugh your way all the way to the bank! Great find! Congrats!

leslie(nova scotia)
03-04-2017, 08:12 AM
Takes all kinds when the flavour is Heinz me bouy. As for the pro in salt water or any other aquatic endeavour......after 6 trips to Garrett my Pro does not go near the water. Praise be the Seahunter Mk11. I personally like PI machines for water.

Love the Pro and use it as a backup to my old Freedom 3 Plus machine and when I go to the UK evry year...only machine I take.

Cheap Thrills
03-06-2017, 12:01 AM
You're a winner , he's a loser , simple as that congrats on the great find .

The Rebel
03-06-2017, 03:21 PM
HA! This must have been the look on his face, LOL! Karma BIG time

Noah
03-12-2017, 10:06 PM
Gold chains are more difficult to find, so I've been told especially with a higher end machine. Not sure if it's true, but I've put gold chains in front of my previous machine and it was like it wasn't even there. Anyways glad you fouund it!!