PDA

View Full Version : Snow Call !

del
02-09-2017, 03:49 PM
let's hear how much dumping of the dreaded white stuff you've received so far! 57661 I have at least a foot of snow so far and it's still coming down

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Tony Two-Cent
02-09-2017, 05:01 PM
This is how much we received yesterday and it's supposed to be back up near 60 by Saturday. :bananadance:

del
02-09-2017, 05:12 PM
This is how much we received yesterday and it's supposed to be back up near 60 by Saturday. :bananadance:

You lucky dog ! or should I say dogs !:lol:

Tony Two-Cent
02-09-2017, 06:50 PM
You lucky dog ! or should I say dogs !:lol:

I was just watching the evening news and saw how bad your weather is up there, Dan. Stay safe and warm!

Lodge Scent
02-09-2017, 09:36 PM
I just came in from snow detail. We got about 14" of wet on the bottom light on the top snow. I just finished the driveway and had put the snow blower away when a plow came by and dumped a wall of heavy snow across the driveway.:ticked: Had to get the snow blower out again and get rid of it before it turned into a solid block of ice.

MangoAve
02-10-2017, 10:39 AM
This is how much we received yesterday and it's supposed to be back up near 60 by Saturday.

:badday: I'm gonna ship this stuff to you, Tony. I thought someone on FB was losing it saying the bugs were already out in Chicago... Guess it might hold water.

Tony Two-Cent
02-10-2017, 10:43 AM
:badday: I'm gonna ship this stuff to you, Tony. I thought someone on FB was losing it saying the bugs were already out in Chicago... Guess it might hold water.

Not only are the bugs out, but I saw a snake while detecting a couple of weeks ago.

Ill Digger
02-10-2017, 07:24 PM
I was wondering how bad you guys got it out there Dan. Man! That's alotta snow!
Hope it's gone by the end of March! [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

del
02-12-2017, 06:52 PM
I was wondering how bad you guys got it out there Dan. Man! That's alotta snow!
Hope it's gone by the end of March! [emoji38]

Tim we are getting all our snow now in February , we just got about another 5 inches today to add to the 14 on Thursday and we may get another 3-6 before Monday evening at this rate we won't be detecting for at least another week or two !:girlcry:

Ill Digger
02-12-2017, 06:58 PM
I seen you were getting another blast yesterday. Another 5 inches!?! Oh boy! Well here's hoping for a light dusting this go around[emoji120]

OxShoeDrew
02-13-2017, 04:39 PM
About a foot of snow on a birdnest in back yard.

del
02-20-2017, 10:49 PM
Snow is almost gone except in the shade and bank piles , we might be detecting by Saturday !!:groovy:

MangoAve
02-21-2017, 02:51 PM
Snow is almost gone except in the shade and bank piles , we might be detecting by Saturday !!:groovy:

You ain't making the A.R.N.E. hunt, but you will be out?
I'm debating to take half day or such on Fri, def going to the hunt on Sat, and going out to some cellars on Sunday.

del
02-21-2017, 06:04 PM
You ain't making the A.R.N.E. hunt, but you will be out?
I'm debating to take half day or such on Fri, def going to the hunt on Sat, and going out to some cellars on Sunday.

suppose to be almost 70 by Thursday and I'm going out that day probably Friday , not going to the penguin hunt on Saturday and will be out Sunday !:detecting:hows that for making up for lost time !

MangoAve
02-22-2017, 07:23 AM
suppose to be almost 70 by Thursday and I'm going out that day probably Friday , not going to the penguin hunt on Saturday and will be out Sunday !hows that for making up for lost time !

Idk... lol. just figured it'd be good to see you as part of the group. :bummer: Yeah, Sunday it seems Martin had found one of my spots. So I guess four of us are getting there as he was gonna invite Matt D. Hoping for some luck this weekend.

del
02-22-2017, 10:35 AM
Idk... lol. just figured it'd be good to see you as part of the group. :bummer: Yeah, Sunday it seems Martin had found one of my spots. So I guess four of us are getting there as he was gonna invite Matt D. Hoping for some luck this weekend.

Sorry Jim , I have a "thing" about large groups . That "thing" is I feel very uncomfortable in large crowds of people , I would probably go if I wasn't participating and sitting off to the side just observing but what would be the point then ?

MangoAve
02-22-2017, 12:48 PM
Sorry Jim , I have a "thing" about large groups . That "thing" is I feel very uncomfortable in large crowds of people , I would probably go if I wasn't participating and sitting off to the side just observing but what would be the point then ?

There might be something vaguely familiar. You might have told me something of the sort a long time ago, but I'm not a woman whom can remember word for word what you said 5yr ago and use it against you in an argument. :lol: My 'best' friend is kinda like you. I only get to see all these people once in a while, which is why I go. The woods is a different thing. Those are genuine finds and its quite and relaxing. And I get why you wouldn't want too many around. I just get that most of the year.

del
03-11-2017, 06:28 PM
Well here in Enfield we got about 2 more inches the other day but its been brutally cold and windy (mostly because of the wind) the last couple of days so it hasn't really melted much and now the forecast for Tuesday is a nor'easter with more snow ! :lol:

Lodge Scent
03-12-2017, 08:57 AM
We got 8 inches here in southeast MA in that last storm. Like you say Dan, still snow on the ground due to very cold temps and it's extra nasty out there with the wind. With the big storm heading our way Tuesday, I was tempted to try and get out today. Maybe find a sheltered spot with only a few inches of snow on the ground.

Digger_O'Dell
03-12-2017, 09:52 AM
Got a winter weather advisory beginning later today or tonight. Winds have been terrible past few days and flash froze the ground. Gotta wait for spring to come back.

del
03-14-2017, 08:51 AM
It started last night around 2 am an at 10 am we have about 3 inches and its starting to come down good now :shocked01:

Ill Digger
03-14-2017, 09:05 AM
It started last night around 2 am an at 10 am we have about 3 inches and its starting to come down good now :shocked01:
I was worried about that. It just stopped here. We got a little more than a inch at home. 40 miles away at the job site in Schaumburg there's 8+ inches! Hopefully it is minimal by you guys out east.

del
03-14-2017, 09:10 AM
I was worried about that. It just stopped here. We got a little more than a inch at home. 40 miles away at the job site in Schaumburg there's 8+ inches! Hopefully it is minimal by you guys out east.

last prediction was 12 to 20 inches :girlcry:

Digger_O'Dell
03-14-2017, 09:26 AM
It was predicted here for 6 to 9 inches. Last night got up for work to see over a foot in my driveway. Had to grab the lawn tractor to blow the drive to get out. That's when the fun started. Found that the tractor sunk almost to the axles during the last melt, then froze in with the latest freeze. Really thought for a few minutes I might have to shovel the drive with my mini spade! :shocked03:
Got back this morning to find maybe another 4 inches of Lake effect snow from overnight. Grrr...

Ill Digger
03-14-2017, 09:41 AM
It was predicted here for 6 to 9 inches. Last night got up for work to see over a foot in my driveway. Had to grab the lawn tractor to blow the drive to get out. That's when the fun started. Found that the tractor sunk almost to the axles during the last melt, then froze in with the latest freeze. Really thought for a few minutes I might have to shovel the drive with my mini spade! :shocked03:
Got back this morning to find maybe another 4 inches of Lake effect snow from overnight. Grrr...
The lake effect snow is starting now here in the Chicago suburbs. Kinda cool. Bright sunshine with snow falling.

Full Metal Digger
03-14-2017, 11:56 AM
I think us Illinois boys are going to need updates on how fast the snow is melting between now and March 25th! If it hasn't melted by then I will delay my trip 2 weeks.

Noah
03-14-2017, 12:14 PM
I'm sure it will melt by then. While you boys are gone living it up in Colonial America, I'll be cleaning up the silver in IL! :hystericallaugh:

Digger Don
03-14-2017, 12:37 PM
I'm sure it will melt by then. While you boys are gone living it up in Colonial America, I'll be cleaning up the silver in IL! :hystericallaugh:
Thanks Tim, Get all those Illinois Rosies out of the way for us :hystericallaugh:

Full Metal Digger
03-14-2017, 02:37 PM
Thanks Tim, Get all those Illinois Rosies out of the way for us :hystericallaugh:

Plus anything Don has missed! :coffeelaugh:

Noah
03-14-2017, 03:17 PM
Always willing to help Don! Actually very jealous of you all, but wish you the best of luck! Don't you dare come back with a pocket full of wheat and mercs. :grin:

del
03-14-2017, 03:29 PM
about a solid 10 to 11 inches on the ground now and its still lightly coming down !

The Midwest banter is highly entertaining by the way :lol:

Digger Don
03-15-2017, 12:59 PM
------:frozen:------:thumbsdown:-----NUF SAID!

Tony Two-Cent
03-15-2017, 01:15 PM
The current view out my window:

Oh, did I mention that my brother got me permission to hunt these two properties? The first one is supposedly the oldest remaining home in town. It dates from the 1860s. The other is from around 1900 on a large corner lot. We are going to hit both of them on Saturday. I am really looking forward to it.

del
03-15-2017, 01:19 PM
Nice properties Tony , I hope you have some great success at them . As for here the total was about a foot of snow , the very minimum they were predicting so we got lucky as it could of been 20 inches or more ! Come on and melt !:lol:

Digger Don
03-15-2017, 01:21 PM
Those properties look amazing. Your brother keeps coming thru with those great spots.
I'm looking forward to the post and video on Monday. LOL
Best of luck to ya!!

OxShoeDrew
03-15-2017, 06:33 PM
Good luck Tony! We got a foot here.

lee
03-15-2017, 07:08 PM
12 inches in wethersfield

Ill Digger
03-15-2017, 09:15 PM
Wow Tony! Your brother hooked you guys up real good! Those places are drool worthy!! 😍
I think I can see a seated dime in one of the pictures! Lol
Good luck!

As for the foot of snow... It could've been worse. Our 8 inches we got is down to just a few inches after today's full day of sunshine. It looks like you guys are headed to the 50s. That should take care of it 👍

Full Metal Digger
03-16-2017, 10:42 AM
Wow Tony, awesome sites. I hope you make some great finds. After watching you I wonder how long before your brother gets his own e-trac? Best wishes and HH, Dave.