PDA

View Full Version : My Oldest Indian and Little Gold Ring

Digger Don
02-11-2017, 10:59 PM
I checked my lawn this morning and it seemed pretty soft. So I met up with my friend Tim and we headed out to a town with an 1800s park. We got there about 8:30 and when I tried to dig my first signal, it was FROZEN Solid. :frozen: :bangahead02:

We decided to drive an hour to one of my old stand by towns. By the time we got there the sun was heating up and the ground became nice and soft.

We got a yes at an 1870s home. My very first signal was a solid 12-35 at 6 inches. I dug my plug while talking to the home owner. He was amazed that I called an Indian Penny and that's exactly what I dug, a 1904. a little while later I got a 12-09 at about 7 inches. I was hoping to dig a V nickel, but when I got to it I saw the beautiful glimmer of gold. I pulled out a little 18K ring. Very Cool !!

That was it for that yard, so I went across the street and talked to the owner of an 1835 house that I detected 3 years ago with my son. He immediately said go for it and good luck. after about 20 minutes I got a solid 12-36. I thought I was digging another Indian, but instead I pulled out a Chinese cash coin. After that, I started digging a bunch of bent roofing nails, all ringing up at 12-35.
I almost gave up digging Indian signals but I tried one more that was just a little deeper than the nails. I finally dug another indian. The dirt was so caked on that I didn't get the year until I got home and cleaned it in a peroxide bath. It was an 1864.
My oldest Indian. Just before we left, I dug an old compact case and acouple of wheats.

Ken C
02-11-2017, 11:11 PM
WOW! Those Indians are in great shape! Congrats!

Digger_O'Dell
02-12-2017, 12:20 AM
I second that, love those indians! Great score on the ring, gold is hard to come across, much less 18k! It's a real looker, congrats!

aloldstuff
02-12-2017, 07:01 AM
Don, WTG with those finds. Agreeing with everybody else those IH's look great. Fantastic looking 18K ring, do you think it has some age?

wisconsin digger
02-15-2017, 12:08 PM
Watched the video before the post. Thx for the video Don and great finds. Nice shape on your oldest Indian. WD

Digger Don
02-20-2017, 09:14 AM
Thanks guys, the soil here in Illinois is very kind to the Indians we dig!!