PDA

View Full Version : Met up With Tim & Don--We Killed it!

Full Metal Digger
02-19-2017, 02:36 PM
Hi Diggers,
With temps in the 60s this weekend it was a great time to get some detecting in. I met up with Digger Don and Ill Digger Tim at a town about half way between us. We have hunted here before always with good results. We all got to the spot about 8 a.m. and before I even turned my machine on I got us a permission at a large house built in 1908. This house is actually next door to the house where Don got 3 Barber quarters in the front yard last November.

We spent about 2 1/2 hours there and found 10 silvers between us among other early finds. Lots of buttons and tokens too.

We ended up hunting 7 yards yesterday but none as good as the first one. Here is some pics of my finds. You'll drool when you see what Tim and Don found so be sure to check out their posts also!

Did I mention I am so sore today I can barely walk? Dang, I'm getting old!

The Rebel
02-19-2017, 04:07 PM
Nice finds!

OxShoeDrew
02-19-2017, 04:29 PM
WOW!!! Those buttons and motorcycle tag are wonderful! ...and all those coins to boot! Congrats Dave!

aloldstuff
02-19-2017, 04:57 PM
Yup, you killed it. great collection of coins and loving that motorcycle tag. Waiting for Don's and Tim's posts.

Digger_O'Dell
02-19-2017, 05:40 PM
Heck of a day, congrats! Got a bit of everything it seems. I'm still amazed how well your nickles look!

Ken C
02-19-2017, 06:01 PM
Great finds! :perfect10:

Bucknut
02-19-2017, 06:29 PM
Awesome silver and relics!!!!

Ill Digger
02-19-2017, 10:22 PM
It was great meeting up with you again Dave! Hopefully this is a sign of things to come while in New England.
The Federal Engineers button was the find of the day! That's great! I've never seen that button. Which isn't really saying too much.:lol:
Congrats my man! :grin:
See ya again in a few weeks :thumbsup01:

Digger Don
02-19-2017, 10:45 PM
I agree with Tim, your button was the find of the day!:congrats:

It was great getting together with you and Tim. I had a blast.
I'm hoping maybe one more hunt before our trip to New England.:detecting:
What do ya think?

Tony Two-Cent
02-20-2017, 12:18 PM
Terrific finds, Dave! Fantastic variety of old coins and relics! That Federal Engineers button is SWEET! :loveit: What a find!

I really like that 1916 Motor Bicycle license too! Awesome piece of history there.

I'm glad you guys were able to get together and have some fun detecting. Can you believe this weather?!

MangoAve
02-20-2017, 01:29 PM
Nice finds, Dave. Got some semi-unique items there. I was about to say barber dimes all around, but not quite. I am a little surprised that they were using aluminum in 1916 for registration tags. Yeah, they had aluminum, just didn't think it was used that much. Those nicks look like they held up really well.

So you were sore? And you think you are gonna keep up when you come here for some cellar holes? :hystericallaugh:Dan, Idk... I might be too small to carry two or more guys out of the woods, Even if using logs as a stretcher...

milco
02-22-2017, 10:10 PM
Very nice! Love the cycle license and Post Office Carrier button.

Noah
03-06-2017, 01:20 PM
Engineers button is awesome!! Wow!