PDA

View Full Version : Hunting with Daddy Digger & Ill Digger - A Summer Day in Februrary

Digger Don
02-19-2017, 06:55 PM
I met up with Daddy Digger & Ill Digger Saturday to hunt in this spring like weather. We were meeting at 8:00 to hunt a few curb strips before we started door knocking, but as luck would have it, just as Dave got there they noticed a home owner leaving his house with his dog. Long story short, Dave got us a yes from a very nice guy at 8:00 AM.( The curb strip can wait )

It was a great yard for all three of us. We all got multiple silvers (not a rosie in the bunch) plus some other old coins and tokens. oh yeah, did I mention the Silver ring that Tim Dug. AWESOME YARD!!

We hunted a few more houses and the finds trickled in. I managed a Rosie at the last house to complete my first dime trifecta of the year.

It was great getting out with Dave & Tim. Even better that we all did well.

OxShoeDrew
02-19-2017, 06:58 PM
Amazing amount of targets!! Great haul Don!

Digger_O'Dell
02-19-2017, 07:04 PM
Very cool finds, love that flip coin! Congrats on the trifecta!

wisconsin digger
02-19-2017, 07:44 PM
Great hunt Don, will keep my eyes open for the video. Nice Trifecta, congrats to all. WD

Full Metal Digger
02-19-2017, 08:57 PM
It was great as always hunting with you Don. Thanks again for giving me that POD button you found! You are way too generous with your finds my friend. That coal tag is one I don't have. Great finds and HH--Can't wait for our trip to Connecticut! Dave.

Ill Digger
02-19-2017, 10:44 PM
Another successful day if you ask me Don! :perfect10:
Congrats on all of your goodies! :grin:
Homeowner Tim was great wasn't he!
Great yard with plenty of room for 3 to roam. Not too trashy. Plenty of nice finds. Homeowners that are honored to be chosen to be detected by us! :lol:
Man! Don't ya wish all permissions were like that! Although Dave only used 30 ft. X 30 ft. area for most of our visit! :hystericallaugh: But I guess he didn't need anything else either did he. :rolleyes:

Digger Don
02-19-2017, 10:47 PM
Another successful day if you ask me Don! :perfect10:
Congrats on all of your goodies! :grin:
Homeowner Tim was great wasn't he!
Great yard with plenty of room for 3 to roam. Not too trashy. Plenty of nice finds. Homeowners that are honored to be chosen to be detected by us! :lol:
Man! Don't ya wish all permissions were like that! Although Dave only used 30 ft. X 30 ft. area for most of our visit! :hystericallaugh: But I guess he didn't need anything else either did he. :rolleyes: No kidding, my detecter was still warming up and he was already pulling out his third coin. I had a great day hunting with you guys.

aloldstuff
02-20-2017, 05:59 AM
Don, congrats on your 1st dime trifecta of the year. That yard did not disappointment.

Tony Two-Cent
02-20-2017, 12:13 PM
Awesome finds, Don! Congrats on the sweet dime trifecta! :clapping: Sweet Barber Dimes and some nice V Nickels too.

That comic coin is interesting. I found a website that says they are from the 1950s.

MangoAve
02-20-2017, 01:32 PM
Grats on the finds, Don. For a trifecta, too. I wonder what the deal with that comic coin is. Looks like something from the 70's. :lol:

milco
02-22-2017, 10:09 PM
Great finds!