PDA

View Full Version : COLD Hunt Today - Scored a Cool 1800s POD Button

Digger Don
02-25-2017, 07:32 PM
I met up with some friends this morning to hunt a Chicago park. When we got there the wind chill was 9 degrees. :frozen:
I didn't find much, but still had a great day of hunting with the guys.

My first find of the day was an 1890 Indian. My second, and in my opinion, my best find of the day was an old POD button.
I have found a couple POD buttons in the past, but this one has the mail carrier on a horse.
I sent a photo to Daddy Digger and he informed me that this style button was only made for twenty years. From 1873 to 1893.

So it was worth the frozen toes and runny nose.!!

Full Metal Digger
02-25-2017, 07:58 PM
That's a really nice looking indian head cent Don. The button is an awesome find and would be anyone's best find of the day (not counting seateds or capped busts, that is). You are very brave to go out on a cold day like today (especially in Chicago)! Did you at least get some amazing Chicago style pizza? Best wishes and HH, Dave.

Digger_O'Dell
02-25-2017, 11:34 PM
Really cool button, congrats! I don't know what you all do in Chicago but your coppers come out so nice! Most of ours north of the border come out twice as thick often a green glob of goo. Mighty brave getting out today. I looked outside today and saw the fresh snow and ice, winds howling, and just said nope!

Digger Don
02-26-2017, 12:11 AM
Really cool button, congrats! I don't know what you all do in Chicago but your coppers come out so nice! Most of ours north of the border come out twice as thick often a green glob of goo. Mighty brave getting out today. I looked outside today and saw the fresh snow and ice, winds howling, and just said nope!We didn't have any snow today, but it sure was cold! For what ever reason, the soil here is very kind to our Indians. Hiluxyota (Tom) dug three today and they all looked nice as well.

Ill Digger
02-26-2017, 08:58 AM
:shocked01: Soon you'll have enough POD buttons to put together an entire coat! :lol:
And that's a nice old one too!
Never seen that design.
Congrats! :grin:

Digger Don
02-26-2017, 10:10 AM
:shocked01: Soon you'll have enough POD buttons to put together an entire coat! :lol:
And that's a nice old one too!
Never seen that design.
Congrats! :grin:Thanks Tim, I'm working on it.57850

Ill Digger
02-26-2017, 11:09 AM
Hey nice button display case!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Full Metal Digger
02-26-2017, 01:19 PM
Hey nice button display case!!

I agree with you Timmeh, it's probably the nicest money can buy! :omg:

Ill Digger
02-26-2017, 01:34 PM
I agree with you Timmeh, it's probably the nicest money can buy! :omg:
Probably [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OxShoeDrew
02-26-2017, 04:53 PM
Nice pics and finds, Don! Good idea with the button covers.

Lodge Scent
02-26-2017, 05:16 PM
Great button and IHP. :congrats:

Digger Don
02-26-2017, 06:59 PM
Nice pics and finds, Don! Good idea with the button covers.Thanks, but I can't take credit for the idea. Dave (Daddy Digger) gave it to me to display my buttons. it works perfectly!57859

MangoAve
02-27-2017, 08:37 AM
Nice buttons, Don. That IH is in incredible shape. When hunts can become a skunking and you still deal with frozen digits, yeah, I'd say walking away with something makes it more worth while.

Tony Two-Cent
02-27-2017, 01:56 PM
That's a wonderful button, Don! And old too! I have never found a POD button of any kind.

I must say that Indian Head came out of the ground looking pretty too! It's a looker! :loveit:

How lucky are we to be able to detect in February?!

Ken C
03-02-2017, 04:39 PM
Congrats on the button and the beautiful Indian!