PDA

View Full Version : 20 Degree finds - 1870s Farm Colony

catskillcomics
03-04-2017, 03:06 PM
Despite it only being 20 degrees out today I had an itch that needed scratching. Headed to an 1870s Farm colony that I've detected years ago and has always put out some nice relics, just a lot of swinging to get them. Today was no different spent nearly 5 hours there. Found fired lead bullets, shotgun shells, but did manage 3 nice finds.
A lady's hat pin, a broken stem of pocket watch key, and the best for last, an Army Navy Civil War token. Its pretty crusty but an nice find. Heading back there again tomorrow.

Lodge Scent
03-04-2017, 05:08 PM
Very nice digs. Cool token. Good luck tomorrow. I was so looking forward to getting out Sunday morning but they are forecasting temps in the teens and wind chills in the low single digits here. I don't mind the cold but wind chills like that can make for a miserable hunt.

catskillcomics
03-04-2017, 05:51 PM
That was the weather here.. 35mph winds.. which is why I went to this place, lots of trees that helped blocking the wind

OxShoeDrew
03-05-2017, 08:38 AM
Civil war token is still on my bucket list. You are much more hardy than I am. It was 12degrees yesterday and 6 today. Nice job!

BTV Digger
03-05-2017, 09:12 PM
Very nice finds and congrats on the CW token! Like Drew said, you have thick blood to brave this recent cold snap. I don't mind the cool weather, but needs to be above 32F for me to consider heading out. Too many cold fingers and nose blowing if below that! HH.

John

del
03-06-2017, 12:52 AM
:shocked03:Scott:omg: Its Scott :shocked02: Hey how have you been my good sir ?? I can't tell you how good it is to see you on the forum again !:cheering:

You've been sorely missed my friend :beerbuddy: , congrats on the finds . I love the watch winder and token !

Dan

MangoAve
03-06-2017, 08:56 AM
Grats on the finds. I think tokens are somewhere between a coin and a relic and they are quite unique. They weren't minted in quantities as large as US coins. I braved the cold too. The hunting buddy had to call it quits, but I wasn't far off either. lol.

catskillcomics
03-06-2017, 09:00 AM
Hey Del!!!!! It's good to be back .. We'll have to try to get a hunt together sometime.:beerbuddy:

catskillcomics
03-06-2017, 09:02 AM
Thanks BTV Digger.. yes it was nippy but putting hand warmers in my gloves did wonders.. (they aren't just for deer hunting anymore).. that alone made the digging bearable

Tony Two-Cent
03-07-2017, 11:47 AM
It looks like you're off to a great start, Scott! I like the watch winder and especially the Civil War token. I wonder if it would clean up any better?

Congrats on the finds and best of luck with your new AT Pro!

wisconsin digger
03-08-2017, 02:39 AM
Nice finds, those Civil war Tokens are a tough find. great hunt. WD