PDA

View Full Version : Bucket List Button Found + Lots of Amazing Keepers Today!

Full Metal Digger
03-04-2017, 11:21 PM
Hey Diggers,
I jumped at the chance to go detecting today since the weather forecast was so good. This is my second outing for the year. As I was driving to one of my favorite towns I decided to give Digger Don a call and see what he was up to. Turns out he was driving to the same town as me! So we met up and did some door knocking. We got 7 permissions today and par for the course, the first house was the best.

I FINALLY got my bucket list button for the Illinois Institution for the Deaf & Dumb. The amazing thing is Don dug one first in a curb strip and then later I dug one in someone's front yard!

It was a great day detecting (aren't they all?) and I found lots of keepers including silvers, indians, and some sterling too! Here is some pics. Thanks for looking and HH all. Dave.

Digger_O'Dell
03-05-2017, 12:25 AM
Wow, those are some great finds! Those indians sure came out nice. Great score on all the silver too! Barbers even seem to be getting scarce.

OxShoeDrew
03-05-2017, 08:34 AM
Unreal, Dave!!! ...and no mention of a Chinese cache coin! :clapping:Nice going!

Ken C
03-05-2017, 09:25 AM
What a great bunch of finds! Congrats on a great day! :congrats:

wisconsin digger
03-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Great finds Dave, I am heading to Missouri for week in April so maybe I can find a few myself. WD

Digger Don
03-05-2017, 08:07 PM
It was a great day for a hunt. Even better when you have a day like you had. You killed it once again!!
I was really happy to see that you dug the deaf & dumb button. I know you were hoping to dig one someday.
Congrats on all the great coins and relics.:clapping:
19 more days and we're off to Connecticut. I can't wait!!!

BTV Digger
03-05-2017, 09:06 PM
Heck of a haul Dave and congrats! What a great assortment of coins and relics. 7 permissions in one day - shoot, if I can get one or two in a day I'm happy here in the northeast. HH!

John

MangoAve
03-06-2017, 09:10 AM
Grats on all the finds, Dave. Idk.. Not all are great days...for me at least. I have to walk away from a site with something worth while. At least one item to say my walk was worth. WTH were they gonna do with 1/4 cent? Foreign coinage was no longer accepted in the 1850s, so the 6.25 cents of a half real was out.

Unreal, Dave!!! ...and no mention of a Chinese cache coin! :clapping:Nice going!

Yup. What gives? I gave mine a noting when I found one. Yours is def the same Ch'ien Lung dynasty from 1736-1795 (more like until 1770 as yours was the primary series). You must have been near a railroad.

The Rebel
03-06-2017, 02:51 PM
WTG you killed it in the silver dept!

Ill Digger
03-06-2017, 08:30 PM
Man! What are the chances?
Don found a button and a key fob, and now you found a button from the Illinois Institute for the Deaf!
Great mixed bag of goodies there Dave!
Congrats! :grin:

I'm having a hard time deciding between the button, silver handle, silver ring or.....the token!
I really like that token :shocked01:

leslie(nova scotia)
03-08-2017, 08:51 AM
Yo Daddy Digger.....man that was the full monty of digs and a very interesting outing. Good to see! Thanks for posting and letting us have a gander youz!

aloldstuff
03-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Great results Dave. I have yet to find even a piece of a lead soldier.