PDA

View Full Version : CELLAR HOLES WITH FRANK

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Frank and I found 3 sites all were pretty much coinless except for a lone 1907 IH and a zincoln.
is the square thing in my hand a candle stick base? only thing i can can figure it is :confused:
can't hit paydirt every hunt :interesting:
some wild turkeys and a mean chipmunk made for the entertainment today :cheesysmile:
and a pic of an old shotgun shell for all you shell casing collectors ;)
an older soda bottle i think ? reads...New England BRC Co. Hartford,Conn.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-21-2010, 07:58 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-21-2010, 08:00 PM
last pics

coinnut
08-21-2010, 08:03 PM
The Indian saves the day again lol Thank God for Indians ;) A lot of cool stuff, what's with the tuning keys :confused: Some times you get all the coppers and sometimes you get stuff lol. But it beats working any day. That field picture is cool, and so is the alien eyeball plant rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-21-2010, 08:09 PM
The Indian saves the day again lol Thank God for Indians ;) A lot of cool stuff, what's with the tuning keys :confused: Some times you get all the coppers and sometimes you get stuff lol. But it beats working any day. That field picture is cool, and so is the alien eyeball plant rofl

thanks G. yeah ole Tonto saves the day! the field is actually a lake.imagine that! lack of rain i guess.
the alien eyeball plant is called dolls eyes very posionus i was told.

never dug a set of tuning pegs before....so,thats a first! rofl
IS THAT A CANDLE STICK BASE? :poke: :bop:

coinnut
08-21-2010, 08:12 PM
IS THAT A CANDLE STICK BASE? :poke: :bop:

It is now rofl..... :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :blackeye:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-21-2010, 08:21 PM
It is now rofl..... :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :blackeye:

lmao! ok dude :cheesysmile:

del
08-22-2010, 01:03 PM
you always leave out what your partner finds , unless :frank or gary or whoeveris an imaginary friend you make up to go with you on detecting hunts. :dontknow: i'm starting to wonder about you Dave lol lol . the dolls eyes plant is pretty alien looking . thumbsup01 i bet it was still nice to get out as it was a pretty cool day.

Dan

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-22-2010, 07:05 PM
you always leave out what your partner finds , unless :frank or gary or whoeveris an imaginary friend you make up to go with you on detecting hunts. :dontknow: i'm starting to wonder about you Dave lol lol . the dolls eyes plant is pretty alien looking . thumbsup01 i bet it was still nice to get out as it was a pretty cool day.

Dan

lol well if my imaginary partner finds somethin nice i usually do tell.
Frank got skunked pretty much.no coins,no buttons a few oddball relics here n there.
the IH saved my day otherwise it was a skunking for me too

milco
08-24-2010, 06:32 AM
Cool finds even without any coins!

tanacat
08-26-2010, 06:56 AM
I agree- I love all the odds and ends. Esp to know how far out in the middle of BFE this stuff was. Right? How far out are most of your cellar holes? From 'modern civilization'? Great pics as usual, love the nature shots :)

I'm curious about what instrument the tuning pegs belonged to (dulcimer/mandolin?) and who played it and what sounds it produced and what was going on around during a tune; the aromas of the food cooking on the old wood stove, the kids dancing around, the laughter and babies crying, etc...

What is the intricate triangular shaped thing to the left of the tuning pegs? Looks like it could be a fancy end piece for the musical instrument maybe?

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-27-2010, 12:19 PM
I agree- I love all the odds and ends. Esp to know how far out in the middle of BFE this stuff was. Right? How far out are most of your cellar holes? From 'modern civilization'? Great pics as usual, love the nature shots :)

I'm curious about what instrument the tuning pegs belonged to (dulcimer/mandolin?) and who played it and what sounds it produced and what was going on around during a tune; the aromas of the food cooking on the old wood stove, the kids dancing around, the laughter and babies crying, etc...

What is the intricate triangular shaped thing to the left of the tuning pegs? Looks like it could be a fancy end piece for the musical instrument maybe?

some sites are right off the rd,some are at dead ends down a dirt rd into the woods a 1/4 mile.it varies.
the triangular piece is part of a hinge that i believe belongs to the same door or trunk that a lock i found last time.same pattern on the hinge as the lock

tanacat
08-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Found the key yet? :thinkingabout:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Found the key yet? :thinkingabout:

nope not yet! maybe someday