PDA

View Full Version : I finally did it !

del
03-07-2017, 06:27 PM
I finally broke down and bought a display (curio) cabinet :yes: I have been looking at them for some time and other than the fact this one is a bit on the small size (79"h X 24"w X 18"d) it has the features I wanted .

No.1 it was cheap :rofl: and got a great deal
No.2 it had five glass shelves
No.3 it had an inside light source
No.4 it has a sliding side to side front door
No.5 it locks up and has a key

I just got last Thursday and have been slowly cleaning an arranging my "Treasures" :lol: in it . Some of my antique glass bottles , I like collecting Medicines and Bitter's type :smitten:!
So I have been putting together some smaller displays to try and fill it but I do know one thing .......

I'm going to need another cabinet soon !:lol:

Dan

MangoAve
03-07-2017, 06:32 PM
Looks good Danny. If it was cheap, what'd it set ya back? Interesting there's many bottles and few relics, and we know you got a ton of relic displays. Ill worry about something bigger down the road. For now, the small portable ones.

Digger Don
03-07-2017, 06:39 PM
:wow: That looks GREAT Dan. Fantastic display!!

Digger Don
03-07-2017, 07:21 PM
Looks great Dan. Very nice display.
See ya soon my friend!!
leaving in 17 days!!!!!!

The Rebel
03-07-2017, 07:37 PM
That's awesome Dan. I've been looking for something as well. I like the looks of barrister bookcases.

Lodge Scent
03-07-2017, 07:47 PM
#1 That is not a cheap cabinet.
#2 You need three more of the same size JUST for your shoe buckles.
#3 You don't need to lock it. Because if you are like me, every time you walk by it you will want to stop and fondle your relics.
#4 You will want a light on the lower shelves. It maybe ok for now, but it will eventually bug the heck out of you not having one.
#5 I like it a lot.

Digger_O'Dell
03-07-2017, 10:15 PM
That's a beautiful case Dan, and looks like a great looking display you have going there. I've also been looking for cases on and off but can't believe how expensive they are. I had thought maybe an old store case, but those are even higher demand and extremely costly.

Full Metal Digger
03-07-2017, 10:42 PM
It's really nice looking Del. It must have been very hard trying to decide what goes in the case and what doesn't! I'm sure all your treasures are awesome.

Digger_O'Dell
03-07-2017, 10:49 PM
Nice looking case and a great display you've got! I've been looking at those myself but they aren't cheap. I've looked at used store cases but I couldn't believe how expensive they are.

chief5709
03-08-2017, 05:45 AM
Very nice Dan!

del
03-08-2017, 09:08 AM
I added a few pictures of some of the glass and iron tools I've placed in it . More pictures to come !

Looks good Danny. If it was cheap, what'd it set ya back? Interesting there's many bottles and few relics, and we know you got a ton of relic displays. Ill worry about something bigger down the road. For now, the small portable ones.

Jim its made by Pulaski and is an all wood (no veneers) & glass cabinet and was probably in the neighborhood of 6 bills a couple of years ago and its still in pretty nice shape , I practically stole it !:lol:

Looks great Dan. Very nice display.
See ya soon my friend!!
leaving in 17 days!!!!!!

Thanks Don , can't wait !:cheering:

That's awesome Dan. I've been looking for something as well. I like the looks of barrister bookcases.

Roger I like the looks of those type as well and thought about getting one but lighting it up nicely might prove to be an issue there were some nice examples on craigslist , Thanks

#1 That is not a cheap cabinet.
#2 You need three more of the same size JUST for your shoe buckles.
#3 You don't need to lock it. Because if you are like me, every time you walk by it you will want to stop and fondle your relics.
#4 You will want a light on the lower shelves. It maybe ok for now, but it will eventually bug the heck out of you not having one.
#5 I like it a lot.

:rofl::lol: some of those ( 3,4) are so true Jeff !:lol: Thanks sir . as you can see the iron at the bottom is a bit dark , i'm thinking of adding a small led light strip in the corners to light up this part better .

That's a beautiful case Dan, and looks like a great looking display you have going there. I've also been looking for cases on and off but can't believe how expensive they are. I had thought maybe an old store case, but those are even higher demand and extremely costly.

Chris I like the old wooden store type displays too and you're right they are expensive . Keep looking in your local craigslist , there are some deals around . Thanks

It's really nice looking Del. It must have been very hard trying to decide what goes in the case and what doesn't! I'm sure all your treasures are awesome.

You're right Dave I want to put it all in there :lol: some of my newer display cases are as wide as the cabinet and just won't fit :girlcry: Thank you .

Very nice Dan!

Thanks Brian !

TexHunter
03-08-2017, 10:11 AM
Looks great...

Full Metal Digger
03-08-2017, 10:45 AM
What happened to my reply to this post?

Tony Two-Cent
03-08-2017, 10:47 AM
What happened to my reply to this post?

It's there. Yesterday at 9:42 p.m.

MangoAve
03-08-2017, 12:15 PM
Nice cabinet, Dan. If it was cheap, how much did it set ya back? Looks like you need more relic displays cuz so far bottle heavy. Idk If I will ever get a cabinet, maybe just make some shelving in a room with more of a modern look to it. For now I will just focus on the portable displays so I can take a few to possible permission sites and meetings.

OxShoeDrew
03-08-2017, 04:54 PM
Very nice display Dan! You've reminded me (a percussionist) that I've yet to find a cowbell. I need MORE COWBELLS! :lol:

del
03-08-2017, 05:28 PM
Looks great...

Thank you TexHunter

Nice cabinet, Dan. If it was cheap, how much did it set ya back? Looks like you need more relic displays cuz so far bottle heavy. Idk If I will ever get a cabinet, maybe just make some shelving in a room with more of a modern look to it. For now I will just focus on the portable displays so I can take a few to possible permission sites and meetings.

Jim , I got the cabinet because I hate dusting :lol: and to make you happy I got it for a "C"-note Mr. nosey-pants ;) And the upper two shelves are bottle heavy as the actual shelves are on the high side but the rest will be relic heavy .

Very nice display Dan! You've reminded me (a percussionist) that I've yet to find a cowbell. I need MORE COWBELLS! :lol:

Thanks Drew

OxShoeDrew
03-08-2017, 05:37 PM
:rofl:

aloldstuff
03-08-2017, 06:14 PM
It looks so good and you had to "think" about getting this. Yes, display cabinets are like potato chips....one won't do. I have to ask, is it in the nerd room or did the wife give you the okay to put it in the main house?????

del
03-08-2017, 06:52 PM
That is a beautiful cabinet. Those old bottles are really cool.

Thanks Ken !

It looks so good and you had to "think" about getting this. Yes, display cabinets are like potato chips....one won't do. I have to ask, is it in the nerd room or did the wife give you the okay to put it in the main house?????

Yes Al I had to think about it , I'm the type that hates spending money on myself :yes: The cabinet is in my "man-cave" but my wife Suzette said it looked so nice it could go into the living room or one of the extra bedrooms . :lol: Thanks Al

Donnie B
03-08-2017, 09:50 PM
Danny, it looks absolutely fantastic and you were right to go with the lighting because it really makes those bottles pop out! It's beautiful and now I want one! And, a man cave would be nice too!

Ill Digger
03-12-2017, 10:03 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170312/6caa9e2e61ba2c60da2b9b0a507c408e.jpg
Exactly what I was thinking! :rofl:

The case is amazing Dan! Looks great all lit up 👍

Cheap Thrills
03-19-2017, 12:23 AM
Beautiful !! Great stuff and well laid out .

BTV Digger
04-06-2017, 07:53 PM
Just saw this post Dan. Great job on the setup...really looks nice! Ironically I've just gotten around to doing the same. Going slow to make sure I get it right. Every time I walk by it I glance at the relics as well. My wife just rolls her eyes. :lol:

John

Caretaker
06-21-2017, 05:45 PM
Dan, beauty, but I have seen your finds and you're going to need a bigger one :)

Joe Dirt
06-22-2017, 09:50 AM
Next up.........add a room !

CoinKeepCheep
08-14-2017, 05:47 AM
Wow! This is amazing! Definitely a great collection. :)