PDA

View Full Version : muddy mike from Wisconsin saying Hello

Muddy Mike
03-09-2017, 01:33 AM
Just retired and ready to hit it. Just started 3 years ago when i could find the time and made some nice finds off my own farm, Indians V-nickles,Civil War token, large cent and even a 1786 2 reals plus many relics. good luck to everyone this year

Digger_O'Dell
03-09-2017, 02:21 AM
Hello Mike, welcome to the forum! Glad you could drop by. The mention of the Reale was a dead giveaway! :grin: Still can't get over it that one was found here, thought my 1841 LC was an amazingly old find for this region. Hope to see some photos and read some about your finds.

Tony Two-Cent
03-09-2017, 08:41 AM
Welcome from Illinois! :waving:

We're glad you joined us! I bet that 1786 Two Reales put a big smile on your face! A find like that would probably give me a heart attack, ha ha! Spanish silver is rare here in the midwest but it can be found.

Best of luck, and we are looking forward to your participation on the forum! :yes:

Digger Don
03-09-2017, 10:18 AM
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois. We have several great detectorists up your neck of the woods.
Looking forward to seeing some photos of your finds!

Muddy Mike
03-09-2017, 10:44 AM
Thanks Digger O-Dell for the info on this site, As soon as i figure out how to post pics, :lolsign: I will, I was a construction foreman for 38 years and can build just about anything, running massive projects, and even built my own dream house doing most of the work myself but this darn computer stuff has me stumped most of the time. will have to call my son to show me :crossfingers: Also thanks Tony and Digger Don just subbed to your channels WOW you guys got it goin on well done.

del
03-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum Muddy Mike , congrats on the old two real sir !

Dan

Muddy Mike
03-09-2017, 11:37 AM
OMG del awesome collection

Full Metal Digger
03-09-2017, 04:53 PM
Welcome to the forum Mike. Lots of good people and good advice here. We love seeing pictures so you gotta figure that out! Best wishes and HH, Dave.

Ken C
03-09-2017, 05:02 PM
Welcome from New Jersey!

badgers325
03-09-2017, 05:29 PM
Welcome to the forum Muddy Mike. Congrats on retiring!

Fire Fighter 43
03-10-2017, 11:20 PM
Welcome to the forum Mike. It is always nice to welcome a fellow Wisconsinite. What county are you in? Congrats on the retirement and good luck with the new season. Jeff

Muddy Mike
03-11-2017, 12:19 AM
Thanks to all for the welcome, Fire fighter 43 , Racine county Burlington area also have hunting land in Waupaca and have do some detecting up there as well with some nice finds when I'm not sitting in a tree waiting on a big buck. Where do you hang your hat Fire?

wisconsin digger
03-11-2017, 08:36 AM
Welcome Mike from Wisconsin, my Son hunts near Waupaca (Ogdensburg) to be exact, hope you leave him a big one. Hunted the Fairgrounds in Waupaca once, never did get back. Hunted Burlington as well but I think I left most of the good finds at both places. Wisconsin Digger

Muddy Mike
03-11-2017, 09:49 AM
Wisconsin digger thanks for the welcome, my great grandmother was from Weyauwega will be trying the homestead this spring when I go up turkey hunting, and my property is by Symco so just east of your sons spot, lots of deer left.

Fire Fighter 43
03-11-2017, 10:04 AM
Where do you hang your hat Fire?
im in Southern Washington County and do 90% of my detecting in Washington, Dodge and Waukesha Counties. It's getting harder to find quality spots so I'm starting to expand my area a little. I'm retiring this month so it will give me a little more time to explore new areas.

Digger_O'Dell
03-11-2017, 05:21 PM
I used to live in Burlington and Waterford, and still hunt the area sometimes. Not much left in public areas though there is a lot of history in the area. Used to be a military road through the area in the early 1800s through Union Grove, Rochester, etc. Might try to get a cow pasture permission where the town of Voree once stood next to Burlington. Tough area since the owners of Hounds Hobby pound the area mercilessly.

Digger_O'Dell
03-11-2017, 05:22 PM
Might catch you out that way sometime, feel free to contact me if you want more info about the area. I've got a few old maps, etc I would be happy to share.

Muddy Mike
03-11-2017, 05:59 PM
Thanks Digger O did you get to see the reale yet on the other post not sure if i should try to clean it or leave it since I don't trust myself,

aloldstuff
03-22-2017, 06:19 PM
Sorry for the late reply but welcome from western MA. Like your forum name and looking forward to seeing your finds.

OxShoeDrew
03-23-2017, 04:25 AM
Hiya Mike! Glad you found us! Good luck getting a picture of that real up! :drool:

Ill Digger
03-23-2017, 04:32 PM
Well I'm late to the party too.
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of northern Illinois!
Wow! A 1700s silver real just over the border in Wisconsin huh!?!
That's sweet! Congrats!
I have quite a bite of family in Wisconsin. I've had some good luck north of the border too!:thumbsup01:

Muddy Mike
03-23-2017, 09:51 PM
Thanks again guys for the welcome guys.