PDA

View Full Version : Xp deus update 4.0.

Willems
03-14-2017, 12:02 PM
Yess finaly.
http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/blog-detection/en/update-deus/deus-v4-available/

Willems
03-19-2017, 01:22 PM
Haha no reactions?
All minelab fans?

Lodge Scent
03-19-2017, 03:44 PM
There are a few Deus users here Willems. I used V4 for the first time yesterday. I set up all my programs the same as they were on V3.2. I was hunting in a wooded area with a lot of granite outcroppings. With out changing any settings I noticed right off that the Deus was more sensitive to the granite's magnetic field. The other thing I noticed is that it seemed to have a stronger iron rejection.

I never used the XY screen before but heard it was enhanced as part of the update. It seemed to be pretty accurate. Some deep round iron fooled the XY graph in 18 kHz, but when I switched to the adjacent program in 4 kHz, it identified it as iron with out any doubt.

Bucknut
03-22-2017, 12:39 PM
Yeah I need to get mine updated....but I love my minelab more! :) Thanks for letting me know!

CTTodd
03-30-2017, 02:49 PM
There are a few Deus users here Willems. I used V4 for the first time yesterday. I set up all my programs the same as they were on V3.2. I was hunting in a wooded area with a lot of granite outcroppings. With out changing any settings I noticed right off that the Deus was more sensitive to the granite's magnetic field. The other thing I noticed is that it seemed to have a stronger iron rejection.

I never used the XY screen before but heard it was enhanced as part of the update. It seemed to be pretty accurate. Some deep round iron fooled the XY graph in 18 kHz, but when I switched to the adjacent program in 4 kHz, it identified it as iron with out any doubt.
Good information Thank you

Ken C
04-25-2017, 06:32 AM
I noticed that in 4.0 a coins VDI won't change like it did in 3.2 For example, in 3.2 a Buffalo nickel was 38 (4 kHz), 46 (7.8 kHz), 54 (11.7 kHz) and 64 (17.6 Khz), but now it’s a 64 in all four frequencies I checked on the XP pages and the 4.0 update normalizes ID. This feature can be turned off.

Rogue Relic Hunter
12-05-2017, 01:06 PM
did a USB cable come with the Deus? if so, dont know where that stuff is. or, can u use any USB, i think the detector end is special. i want to upgrade to 4.0

Rogue Relic Hunter
12-05-2017, 01:07 PM
also, i need write down my other programs first, i hear you lose all your saved programs.

Rogue Relic Hunter
12-05-2017, 01:07 PM
Yeah I need to get mine updated....but I love my minelab more! :) Thanks for letting me know!

hear good things about the minelab, only real competition to the deus i guess. :notworthy: