PDA

View Full Version : Retired!!

Fire Fighter 43
03-16-2017, 04:49 PM
After just a little over 29 years I'm officially retired from the Fire Department. Yesterday was my last shift. I had a nice dinner with my family and crew at the firehouse last night. It is bittersweet but definitely time to hand the wheel over to someone younger. I was a heavy equipment operator (Driver) for 24.5 of those years. Also served as an EMT all 29, was a fire inspector for a few years and was on our technical rescue and hazmat team. Someone asked where I was going to get my adrenaline rush from for now on, I stated finding treasure, competing in golf and practicing handgun self defense. That is if my wife and kids will give me the time, LOL.

del
03-16-2017, 05:03 PM
:wow::congrats: Huge congrats on a great and very noble career Jeff , I truly envy your dedication to your community and hope you get to really enjoy your retirement sir !

Tony Two-Cent
03-16-2017, 05:28 PM
Congrats, Jeff! More time for metal detecting! Woo hoo! :happy:

I commend you on your distinguished career! :clapping:

Digger_O'Dell
03-16-2017, 07:55 PM
Congrats on a long and distinguished career! Hope to see more of you swinging in the future! :congrats:

Ill Digger
03-16-2017, 09:20 PM
Well, well, well!! Wow!! How time flies!! :shocked04:
I remember you saying how you wanted to go to England when you retire in five years. Wow! That was five years ago!? :shocked01: :lol:
Where does the time go? :dontknow:
Well then, congratulations on a long, honorable career my friend!! :congrats: :clapping:
I'm sure you've been in some pretty peculiar situations in your career. Time to get your self in some relaxing situations! Like digging some silver and gold!!
And .... competing in golf? :huh: I knew you played quite a bit during the summer months. Have you done tournaments before?

Try and take it easy my friend! :beerbuddy:

Lodge Scent
03-16-2017, 09:25 PM
Excellent! Congrats ! Sounds like you will stay plenty busy.

Fire Fighter 43
03-16-2017, 09:54 PM
:wow::congrats: Huge congrats on a great and very noble career Jeff , I truly envy your dedication to your community and hope you get to really enjoy your retirement sir !

Thank you Del

Fire Fighter 43
03-16-2017, 09:57 PM
Congrats, Jeff! More time for metal detecting! Woo hoo! :happy:

I commend you on your distinguished career! :clapping:

That is the plan Tony, thank you. I'm hoping that I'll have time to finally get down your way to meet you and a few of the other Forum members.

Fire Fighter 43
03-16-2017, 09:58 PM
Congrats on a long and distinguished career! Hope to see more of you swinging in the future! :congrats:

Thank you Chris and we will definitely get out more this year.

Fire Fighter 43
03-16-2017, 10:04 PM
Well, well, well!! Wow!! How time flies!! :shocked04:
I remember you saying how you wanted to go to England when you retire in five years. Wow! That was five years ago!? :shocked01: :lol:
Where does the time go? :dontknow:
Well then, congratulations on a long, honorable career my friend!! :congrats: :clapping:
I'm sure you've been in some pretty peculiar situations in your career. Time to get your self in some relaxing situations! Like digging some silver and gold!!
And .... competing in golf? :huh: I knew you played quite a bit during the summer months. Have you done tournaments before?

Try and take it easy my friend! :beerbuddy:

I hear you about time, it does not seem possible that 29 years have gone by and yes I've seen just about everything. Some of it I just want to forget and some still brings a smile to my face.
I have played several golf tournaments, when I was at my best I was competing with some of the top amateurs in the state of WI.
Cant wait to celebrate my retirement in England with you next March. To bad we have to wait that long.
Thank you Tim

Fire Fighter 43
03-16-2017, 10:09 PM
Excellent! Congrats ! Sounds like you will stay plenty busy.

Thank You Jeff and staying busy with my hobbies is the plan. I still have to work around my 11 and 14 year olds schedule but at least I will not have to worry about that work thing getting in the way.

OxShoeDrew
03-17-2017, 02:20 PM
Let the fun begin!!! :envious: Sounds like you'll have much to keep you busy! Thanks for your service and congratulations! :beerbuddy:

Digger Don
03-17-2017, 02:44 PM
Congrats On your retirement and your 29 years serving your community.
Now, charge up those batteries and start:detecting:

Best wishes, Don

Fire Fighter 43
03-17-2017, 03:15 PM
Let the fun begin!!! :envious: Sounds like you'll have much to keep you busy! Thanks for your service and congratulations! :beerbuddy:

Thank You Drew

Ill Digger
03-17-2017, 03:15 PM
So since your kinda free now....whatchya doing the week after next? 😉

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Fire Fighter 43
03-17-2017, 03:16 PM
Congrats On your retirement and your 29 years serving your community.
Now, charge up those batteries and start:detecting:

Best wishes, Don

Thank You Don. The batteries are charged, now if this damm snow would just melt.

Muddy Mike
03-18-2017, 11:02 AM
Welcome to the retired community 43, feels good doesn't it. Time goes by faster now that I'm off and your right about the snow deal here in SE. WI.

Fire Fighter 43
03-18-2017, 01:54 PM
Welcome to the retired community 43, feels good doesn't it. Time goes by faster now that I'm off and your right about the snow deal here in SE. WI.

Thank you Mike, maybe I'll see you in the field someday.

aloldstuff
03-29-2017, 05:59 PM
Finally....you made it. Congrats on a fine outstanding career and for caring for your community all those years. Stay busy and don't get bored.

bamaart
04-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Congrats, and have fun !!