PDA

View Full Version : Nice hunts despite 7 straight days of work

wisconsin digger
03-20-2017, 11:00 AM
It's been awhile since I worked 7 straight days and I do NOT miss it. Despite that nonsense I could not pass up the final thaw (I hope) of Wisconsin snow. Saturday I headed to the town I grew up in as it was on the way to work. This is an old school that seems to always give up something no matter how many times or people search it. I got in about 2 hours and found 6 wheats a Merc and a couple bucks in change. There are 2 spots from last year I really wanted to spring hunt so I headed to one of the spots on Sunday (before work, blah). I was hoping with the grass flat and ground wet I would hit on some deeper signals. Surprisingly most of the good coins I found were nothing special on depth or signal. I found 12 wheats (1 1919 "s" I thought was a 1909) a Barber quarter, 1 Washington and a Rosie. I also found a nice sterling pin. This area is so loaded with clad quarters I finally stopped digging them saving my energy for some deeper signals. On the day I found 41 quarters and over $11.50 bucks in clad. I was a bit tired at work but it was worth the stress relief. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger

Digger_O'Dell
03-20-2017, 01:55 PM
Great hunt, love seeing barbers and sterling. Well worth all the digging!

Full Metal Digger
03-20-2017, 03:39 PM
Some nice looking loot there! Congrats on the Barber quarter and I really like that sterling with blue stone piece. Part of a ring perhaps? GL & HH, Dave.

Robbie
03-21-2017, 05:47 AM
Congrats on your silver, I don`t think I`ll ever get tried with digging quarters.

Tony Two-Cent
03-21-2017, 11:31 AM
Way to go! :clapping:

That Barber Quarter had to put a big smile on your face. What a terrific find!

I really like the sterling jewelry item too. It's a beautiful piece. Fantastic!

:congrats:

Ken C
03-21-2017, 06:35 PM
Nice bunch of keepers there, congrats!