PDA

View Full Version : Perplexing coin? Silver dime in fire??

catskillcomics
08-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Finally getting some rain here in NY, so I thought I would go through all my clad get them washed up and put into my can of clad for afuture deposit.
I forgotten all about this coin I found earlier in the week at the School Hockeyguy & I have been hunting. When I originally dug it up, I just tossed into my pouch as trash. Now that I looked at it closer, I see the ridge of the coin, its silver in color , same size as a dime and Pulled out the DFX and ran it over the coil and it rings up like a silver dime +82vdi...
The coin is warped, and bubbled.. which makes me believe it was in a fire of some sort, or some kid placed it over a bunsen burner during science class :dontknow: lol
I guess the next best thing to do, is to take it to a jeweler and have it test for silver...

del
08-22-2010, 12:48 PM
ah , i don't know Aaron you want to give him a ruling on this , George and i say if you can't identify it , it don't count. lol lol

catskillcomics
08-22-2010, 01:05 PM
ah , i don't know Aaron you want to give him a ruling on this , George and i say if you can't identify it , it don't count. lol lol

Awww man!,.. you know its a coin.. you can see the rim of the coin :ticked:
And here I was, thinking It would be potentially my 59th coin... until now :behave:
lol

I checked the coin over front and back with a loop to see If I could identify it.. Knowing my luck it was a seated dime

coinnut
08-22-2010, 07:39 PM
I don't know Scott, I gotta go with Del on this one lol My shot glasses all have rims and Dan doesn't let me count them as coppers either :dontknow: Now if you drew a picture on it with a magic marker...well maybe then :thinkingabout:

del
08-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Now if you drew a picture on it with a magic marker...well maybe then :thinkingabout:

well artistic design and talent might get you a few points Scott lol lol lol and if your going to go ,go [size=36pt]big

flowing hair or pinetree three pence

hockeyguy
08-22-2010, 08:38 PM
hhhhmmmmmm. I go with the pros...whatever they say works for me.....it's not like u dont have a big enough lead...jeez...sitting next to the basket up by 25 points with little time left on the clock!