PDA

View Full Version : Old Silver Old Copper New Deus!

Bell-Two
03-26-2017, 10:37 PM
Friday gave us a break in the cold and rainy weather with temperatures in the 60’s but extremely windy. We went out to a couple of fields that have given up some amazing things to us this season and hopefully had a bit more to give. The first field seemed to be in a parsimonious mood as not much was found, I found three horseshoes and some odd bits of copper and Doug and Diane were not doing any better until Doug spotted a 1828 Large Cent on top of the ground! It is always amazing to find such items that way. We moved to a nearby site that also been very good to us and I was hoping my Deus would help pull another keeper from here. This as the other field is contains much iron and has been covered by us back and forth and criss and cross trying to scare up a good repeatable signal. The reason I got my Deus was to see if it with its amazing recovery time could find a target in the iron. I was amply rewarded today. I dug a couple of copper bits and I got a signal registering 61 bounce to 65 as I turned on the angle…not the greatest signal but good enough to make one want to see what it was. I was amazed when at about 4 inches deep and a bit on edge I saw a tiny round edge! I retrieved it not sure if it was a coin or a washer or what. When I got it in the light I could see the rim and I knew I had a coin…it was so black I at first could not tell if it was silver but observing it closer I could tell it was so! I called Doug over and he was excited too, I knew from the size it would be a half dime and after I sprayed it with some water and tapped at it a bit I could see the image appear…a Capped Bust Half Dime! I could tell it would have good detail and a date…only my second Capped Bust coin ever! The 1832 Capped Bust Half Dime has a mintage of only 965,000 and is the second lowest mintage in the series. About 10 minutes later I got a decent 81-83 signal and out came a very nice 1833 Large Cent! I am just starting to learn the Deus but I have high hopes that it will make some of our other permissions come back to life. I was using a program given to me by Todd CtTodd Yerks and with his help and tips I think I am going to like this machine!

Warning Much Wind Noise In the Video
<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial; font-size: medium;">
https://youtu.be/thQNNw5OK-E

Noah
03-26-2017, 11:09 PM
Dam nice finds bud. Wonder how my E Trac measures up to the Deus.

Digger_O'Dell
03-27-2017, 12:01 AM
Beautiful silver! Sounds like a good hunt all around, we'll done!

BTV Digger
03-27-2017, 03:28 AM
What a beautiful old silver coin Tony! Congrats. I've seen one dug, but still waiting for one myself.

catskillcomics
03-27-2017, 05:57 AM
Great finds!!

MangoAve
03-27-2017, 07:17 AM
Nice finds, Tony. You'll get that Deus down quick. I don't think you ever need to "relearn" whenever you get a different machine. I wonder how exactly they mangled that 1833 trying to put a hole into it. I def saw the capped bust half dime on the bookface, but with how many things go in my newsfeed (and often they are doubled, and not because the person posting in two or more groups), I just didn't focus on who dug it. It's in great shape.

Lodge Scent
03-27-2017, 07:31 AM
Nice looking half dime Tony! Congrats. I like the copper too. Good to see you warming up to the Deus. It is great in the iron patches.

Tony Two-Cent
03-27-2017, 07:41 AM
Nothing like Capped Bust silver! :wow:

Congrats on the incredible finds with your new XP Deus, Tony! I hope it continues to produce amazing results for you. My only Capped Bust find is also an 1832 Half Dime, but your is in much better shape than mine.

I can't wait to see what else you find with your new machine!

:congrats:

calabash digger
03-27-2017, 07:54 AM
Those are some great finds! A half dime man that's sick ! btw shhhhhhhh about the deus and how well it does in the iron ,look what happened to me all my buddys now own them and I have to set them up for them so now we are all on the same playing field .I did have the advantage but I talked to much lol. Amazing finds and keep learning your machine your ki8lli8ng it already . Todd is a good guy ive talked to him a few times but cant understand real good he uses some kind of weird English lol (NORTHERN VARIETY) THAT IS AMAZING COIN YOU GOT THERE !

Bucknut
03-28-2017, 03:24 PM
Congrats on Capped Bust silver!!

del
03-28-2017, 06:38 PM
:shocked03: Wow ain't she pretty , Great half dime Tony ! :perfect10:

Donnie B
03-28-2017, 07:01 PM
Great finds! Congrats on the Half Dime!

OxShoeDrew
04-04-2017, 03:46 AM
Wow Tony! That's some coin! I wish you continued success with your Deus!

Ken C
04-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Very nice digs! :perfect10: