PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday's digs. Hello KG III !

Donnie B
03-27-2017, 09:26 AM
Yesterday's digs with Danny LaMontagne (https://www.facebook.com/danny.lamontagne.79) and Brian Bari (https://www.facebook.com/TrooperBri). Everyone had a great day and it was good to be out in the woods. Highlights for me were a KG III and what I think is a brass candle snuffer. Anybody else got any ideas on that piece?582775827858279

del
03-27-2017, 10:10 AM
I was so glad the rain held off as we were pretty far out in the woods , that spot was good to us now that the ferns are all down and so nice to swing in that area . congrats on the copper Donnie !

Digger_O'Dell
03-27-2017, 10:30 AM
Nice digs, can't ID the piece for sure, but guessing you're right about the snuffer.

MangoAve
03-27-2017, 10:35 AM
I'd agree with candle snuffer. Interesting to be two piece with an iron handle. The one I got was like an aluminum alloy that was broken off where the handle started. A Rosie?? Where the heck did Dan take you that had a rosie? lol. That's too new of a spot for him to be at.

Donnie B
03-27-2017, 12:03 PM
That was a great idea to hit that spot now that the ferns are down and it paid off as we all three got a copper. You also got that cool buckle with the stones and your very first Liberty Cap Cent! Congrats!!!! :congrats:
I was so glad the rain held off as we were pretty far out in the woods , that spot was good to us now that the ferns are all down and so nice to swing in that area . congrats on the copper Donnie !

Donnie B
03-27-2017, 12:05 PM
I was swinging along the walls on the way out and got the Rosie. My heart jumped when I saw it come out of the hole and it looked silver. What is it? Is it Spanish? Is it Seated? It's a Rosie, darn it! Is it silver? NO! It must have been lost recently as it was a 2000. Gonna spend it some day! :lolsign:

I'd agree with candle snuffer. Interesting to be two piece with an iron handle. The one I got was like an aluminum alloy that was broken off where the handle started. A Rosie?? Where the heck did Dan take you that had a rosie? lol. That's too new of a spot for him to be at.

Lodge Scent
03-27-2017, 09:17 PM
Snuffer is a cool find! KG and a Rosie don't often show up in the same hunt.

catskillcomics
03-28-2017, 09:43 AM
ditto on the candle snuffer, that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw it.. Congrats on the great finds.

MangoAve
03-28-2017, 10:31 AM
I was swinging along the walls on the way out and got the Rosie. My heart jumped when I saw it come out of the hole and it looked silver. What is it? Is it Spanish? Is it Seated? It's a Rosie, darn it! Is it silver? NO! It must have been lost recently as it was a 2000. Gonna spend it some day!

At least if it was dropped from another detectorist, it still means they missed that KG3. I always try to carry change with me just so I can verify my coil works If I get any erratics going on. I got fooled, too, with a rosie at the penguin hunt. It was deep and looked like it was different than any other clad rosie. It didn't seem to be part of the planted finds either. I thought it was silver for a while. oh well. 10 cents richer. Better than a zincoln any day.

OxShoeDrew
04-01-2017, 06:02 AM
Good job on the copper....I've yet to find a candle snuffer. :clapping:

Digger Don
04-02-2017, 06:15 PM
Very nice finds. Love the detail on the Kg. Very Nice!

Ken C
04-03-2017, 10:01 AM
Congrats on the KG! Were you able to get a date off it?