PDA

View Full Version : Yesterdays keepers

del
03-27-2017, 12:11 PM
Yesterday While Lee was hosting the "Illinois Invasion" , Trooper Bri and Donnie B and I got out to a cellar to hit a field that was just covered in tall "thigh high" ferns last year . It produces a few finds for each of us . I got a copper that was so worn or "wiped out" that I couldn't Id it out in the field :shocked03: besides a lot of .38 shells and rifle casings I squeaked out a couple of buttons a 1930's era princess pat cosmetic case an unusual pewter brooch or much later faux shoe buckle , a very crusty 1863 "fatty" indian and a nice little knee buckle in Jeff's (Lodge Scent) honor !:beerbuddy: and a brass heel plate ! I was glad the rain held off and it was sure nice to get out finally after all that snow .

Dan

Digger_O'Dell
03-27-2017, 12:21 PM
Lots of great finds! Love to see those coins once you work your magic on them.

del
03-27-2017, 12:37 PM
Lots of great finds! Love to see those coins once you work your magic on them.

Well Chris , this one is pretty spent :yes: It was probably in circulation for 30 or 40 years because all you can see is part of an outline and it looks like a liberty cap Large cent !:wow:This would be a long long time "bucket lister" for me !:happy:

This would make sense why I couldn't Id it out in the field , cause I never found one before :lol:

Digger_O'Dell
03-27-2017, 12:39 PM
It does indeed appear to be a liberty cap! Great bucket list find, congrats!

Full Metal Digger
03-27-2017, 12:52 PM
Good finds Dan! Looking forward to our turn to find some colonial treasure.

Tony Two-Cent
03-27-2017, 01:30 PM
Sure looks like a Liberty Cap to me! :notworthy:

Huge congrats on that amazing bucket list find!

:perfect10:

calabash digger
03-27-2017, 01:35 PM
man what a find congrats. those things are as rare as hens teeth.

Donnie B
03-27-2017, 03:04 PM
Congratulations on your FIRST Liberty Cap Cent! That is awesome and I am so glad I was there to share the excitement of the day. I absolutely love that knee buckle too!

Lodge Scent
03-27-2017, 03:14 PM
NICE! Congrats on the Liberty Cap Dan. :clapping:I expect you to provide us with a year and variety within a week.

You know a Liberty Cap is a rare and special find when it takes a copper magnet like you 20 years to find one. :congrats:

Thank you for the knee buckle honor.....I can hardly ever find them.... glad you can on a regular basis :envious:

OxShoeDrew
03-27-2017, 03:27 PM
Can't beat that kind of hunt!! A bit of everything! :clapping:That brooch is amazing!
I hope to meet up with the IL boys when and if they come by my area.
Tell Brian I miss him and been waiting by the phone for an invite one of these days :lol:

del
03-27-2017, 04:04 PM
Good finds Dan! Looking forward to our turn to find some colonial treasure.

Dave I'm really looking toward meeting you and HOPE :crossfingers: you and the Midwest boys can get a few early coppers like this and some decent relics to bring back with you !:yes: Thanks

Sure looks like a Liberty Cap to me! :notworthy:

Huge congrats on that amazing bucket list find!

:perfect10:

Thanks Tony , we will be hunting a cellar hole in your absent honor my friend !

man what a find congrats. those things are as rare as hens teeth.

They are for me CD , it took me about 16 years of colonial relic digging to find one ! Thanks

Congratulations on your FIRST Liberty Cap Cent! That is awesome and I am so glad I was there to share the excitement of the day. I absolutely love that knee buckle too!

I would of been so much more happier if I could of known what it was when I first found it Donnie !:lol: But I am a happy detectorist now :bananadance:

NICE! Congrats on the Liberty Cap Dan. :clapping:I expect you to provide us with a year and variety within a week.

You know a Liberty Cap is a rare and special find when it takes a copper magnet like you 20 years to find one. :congrats:

Thank you for the knee buckle honor.....I can hardly ever find them.... glad you can on a regular basis :envious:

:lol: Sorry Jeff I just have a knack for the colonial buckles , we have to get together sometime soon my friend ! thanks

Can't beat that kind of hunt!! A bit of everything! :clapping:That brooch is amazing!
I hope to meet up with the IL boys when and if they come by my area.
Tell Brian I miss him and been waiting by the phone for an invite one of these days :lol:

Drew , I'm gonna try and make a hunt out that way with the gents so you can get a glimpse and I'll pistol whip :bop: Brain to make an appearance or two and post some of his recent videos the next time I see him .:lol: Thanks

catskillcomics
03-28-2017, 09:45 AM
Love the shoe buckle.. and nice copper.. too bad the ground eats up copper coins like that

Bucknut
03-28-2017, 11:39 AM
Awesome finds!

Noah
03-28-2017, 11:42 AM
Now go soak it in olive oil LOL!

aloldstuff
03-28-2017, 06:08 PM
Dan, yes I have to agree....Liberty Cap cent. What took you so long...:lol:. Huge congrats on all those finds.

del
03-28-2017, 06:37 PM
Love the shoe buckle.. and nice copper.. too bad the ground eats up copper coins like that

Thank you Scott , yes you guys have the nice forgiving soil !

Awesome finds!

Thank you Bucknut .

Now go soak it in olive oil LOL!

:coffeelaugh: , Thanks Noah

Dan, yes I have to agree....Liberty Cap cent. What took you so long...:lol:. Huge congrats on all those finds.

I'm a late bloomer Al :lol: hey I'll see you tomorrow morning sir . Thanks !