PDA

View Full Version : Our Week in Connecticut

Digger Don
04-03-2017, 09:59 AM
The first thing I want to say is Thank You to Dan, Lee & Al for giving up their time and showing us a great time while we were there. The weather kind of sucked, but the company and the adventure were excellent!!
Most of all, my son had a blast and for that I am forever grateful!!

I would also like to thank Daddy Digger, Ill Digger & Hiluxyota for sharing this adventure with us!

Over the course of the week Alec dug:
4 Indians
1 1865 Two Cent Pc.
2 Buffs
2 Mercs
1 Rosie
1 cool brooch
1 buckle
1 Connecticut State Copper ( per Del )
& most of the relics in the last photo

I Dug:
2 Indians
1 rosie
2 Mercs
1 SLQ
1 1839 Large Cent

Yes, Alec out produced Dad big time

Full Metal Digger
04-03-2017, 10:04 AM
I'm glad the trip turned out so good Don. You both got a good assortment of finds and some of it is colonial for sure. Is the little cross silver? It looks it in the picture. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

Digger Don
04-03-2017, 10:07 AM
I'm glad the trip turned out so good Don. You both got a good assortment of finds and some of it is colonial for sure. Is the little cross silver? It looks it in the picture. Best wishes and HH, Dave.
It's not stamped.It feels a little heavy to be aluminum.I'll test it and let you know.

Tony Two-Cent
04-03-2017, 11:08 AM
Congrats on a very productive trip, Don! (And Alec!) :clapping:

Nice variety of coins and relics. That cross sure looks like silver to me. I like the thimble too, I bet it's old. Nice Two cent piece, 1926 SLQ and 1838 Large Cent as well!

Hopefully I will be able to visit New England next year. :crossfingers:

:congrats:

Muddy Mike
04-03-2017, 11:25 AM
Looking forward to the 2nd video of out there guys, great finds I like the old brooch/pin , wishing I had some relatives out east;)

Digger_O'Dell
04-03-2017, 01:47 PM
Very nice assortment of finds! Looks like you all had a great time. Congrats on the old copper and many silvers!

wisconsin digger
04-03-2017, 05:10 PM
I wateched yours and Daddy Diggers videos and it looks like despite the weather you hit some nice old coins. Great hunt guys. WD

aloldstuff
04-06-2017, 07:13 PM
Don and Al, I am sure that you both know that you're more than welcome to come back. It's nice to see the young whippersnapper whooping the old guys butt. Try to bring Tony next time.

Great group of keepers, maybe next time that elusive GW button will appear.

Fire Fighter 43
04-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Congrats on a nice week of hunting, you guys did great.

Ken C
04-07-2017, 06:43 AM
Great finds, congrats! :perfect10: