PDA

View Full Version : Opening day silver

MIKE54
04-05-2017, 05:52 PM
58550After 5 months of miserable winter, I finally got out today. The new hip I had installed in November feels great so it's time to dig! I went to an old school in South Windsor today. There was nothing and I mean NOTHING in the entire athletic field ( Lee probably emptied it out years ago lol ) so I decided to try the edges, where I found everything here. The sterling ring's kinda cool because it swivels 360 degrees, but that same Asian lady is on both sides so I don't see the point of a swiveling ring. Just glad to get out again!

Full Metal Digger
04-05-2017, 06:39 PM
Great finds. I have found that lady before also. She is an Indian Goddess and the technique of silver and black is called Niello (sp?). I seem to recall she is a mermaid goddess of some sort. I'm sure it's on Google somewhere! Thanks for posting and HH, Dave.

Fire Fighter 43
04-05-2017, 07:06 PM
Very nice, congrats on all the great finds, WTG.

Digger_O'Dell
04-05-2017, 07:19 PM
Very nice, congrats on the silver! I've always had the best luck detecting the edges, nooks and crannies in heavily pounded sites.

wisconsin digger
04-06-2017, 11:48 AM
Nice finds and way to hunt out the tough ones. Great finds WD

MangoAve
04-06-2017, 01:45 PM
Grats on the silver, Mike. Good to hear that the hip is doing you well. Now you know why I don't try many school yards here. lol. I don't think it was Lee. There was someone at that small park where I pulled my first silver earring. So no school/park is safe.