PDA

View Full Version : In St Louis and looking for somewhere to hunt.

wisconsin digger
04-06-2017, 04:44 PM
I am at a Days in in St Louis and was wondering if there is any where a guy can do some swinging. Wisconsin Digger

Digger_O'Dell
04-06-2017, 04:47 PM
Wow WD, there should be lots of great places especially close to the river. Lots of history going back a lot farther than our area.

Full Metal Digger
04-06-2017, 04:54 PM
Too much to put in a post. Call me 314-488-0801

wisconsin digger
04-06-2017, 05:05 PM
Daddy Digger, I don't want to be a pest was just hoping something was around the area. I just spent 3 days in Potosi and that was a little different and did not get out. I may try a Park down the way but it looks like no digging is allowed. My phone service has been bad, but if I see a window of opportunity I may try your number. Thanks for the offer Dave L (Wisconsin digger)

Full Metal Digger
04-06-2017, 05:42 PM
Forrest Park is the only park with no digging allowed.

Full Metal Digger
04-07-2017, 11:51 AM
The parks on the south end are very old (circa 1812). They have been hammered to death but I found a large cent and a half cent and the occasional silver. Marquette park, Laclede park, Mt. Pleasant park, Carondelet park. I have found indian head cents at Laclede park and a gold ring. Deep signals are few and far between though so don't expect a pouch of wheats and mercs.

Tony Two-Cent
04-07-2017, 01:10 PM
I have hunted some of these parks before with DaddyDigger. I recall finding an older Merc and a couple of Buffalo Nickels. Like Dave said, they are really old parks but they have been pounded for decades.

They are also not in the best part of town, and you will encounter shady characters and homeless people. Just FYI.

Digger Don
04-07-2017, 02:15 PM
DOOR KNOCK A FARM HOUSE!!
Can't go wrong there.

Full Metal Digger
04-07-2017, 03:17 PM
...you will encounter shady characters and homeless people. Just FYI.

Yah, Tony was good at attracting all the crazies when he visited! LOL. There was literally litter and trash all over the park and this homeless guy starts complaining to Tony he is ruining the park! LOL.